Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 20th, 2009 15:00

Bluetooth minicard 370 in Studio1555

About a month back I purchased a DellStudio 1555. Since the time the laptop was delivered to me, I am having trouble in bluetooth device. It is not able to detect any other device. I took the help of the echnical executives at the Dell authorised showroom and on line dell technical support. These guys formatted my system thrice, reinstalled my drivers and devices, but still the problem remains. Canany one help me put. I have Window Vista Home premium OS

1 Message

August 28th, 2009 09:00

I have a Studio 15 ordered (due next week), but am having the same problem with my E1705/9400 Vista laptop - can't connect to my Logitech bluetooth Edge keyboard.  After spending 5-1/2 hours with Dell Support, I found uninstalling (from the Control Panel) and reinstalling the bluetooth software (available from http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?docid=360900) fixed the problem, but ONLY until the machine was rebooted.  Then it started all over again.  If you decide to try this fix, be sure to also download/install the patch that's listed.  Dell Support said it was created to fix a problem with losing the bluetooth connection on reboot.  It didn't help me.

Dell Support sent me to Software Support, where I was told they could fix the problem - for a fee.  Although I still have 1-1/2 yrs remaining on my warranty, "the software warranty expired after the first 30 days".  Since the keyboard functions very well using the dongle, the problem isn't critical - Software Support can go fly a kite.

Wy wife and I are discussing cancelling the Studio 15 order, and buying a Lenovo.

My advice to you - keep after Dell to solve your problem.  Don't take "we don't know" for an answer.  Good luck.

No Events found!