Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 12th, 2009 09:00

Cannot Disable Wi-Fi when wired connection present in Control Point

I have an E6500 I'm trying to create a base image on. I've used nothing but support site drivers/software, and I'm running into a snag. The option to "Disconnect WiFi on Ethernet detection" is grayed out. I want to have the Wi-Fi automatically d/c when the end user plugs in to the LAN. With Open manage on the older D-series this was easily done.

Why would this option be present, but grayed out? I've tried admin profiles, non-admin etc etc

I should also add, I'm using ver A11 of the Dell Controlpoint connection mgr, windows XP SP3.

3 Posts

January 22nd, 2009 08:00

Hey, thanks for all the help. You guys are great, really.:emotion-43:

February 11th, 2009 09:00

You have to be managing your wireless adapter with Control Point or the disable wi-fi button is useless.  Unlike Dell Quickset with the D-series which would disable wi-fi even if you were using windows to control wireless networks. 

Control point is a step backwards if you asked me.  I don't like how it won't even begin to connect to your wireless network until the software has finished loading in the taskbar.  This way it takes a solid 15-20 seconds longer than if you just let windows manage wireless.

Poor software in my opinion.

No Events found!