Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 13th, 2013 07:00

[DISASTER] OS cant find WiFi adapter

Just short description:

1. My laptop is Dell Inspiron 7720 (I tried to install several drivers, but only Intel Centrino N 2230 driver installed without any exceptions) So, I think, that I have Intel Centrino N 2230 WiFi adapter

2. WiFi was working several days after I bought laptop (OS Ubuntu 13.1).

3. Then I pressed Fn+F2 and turned off Wifi and bluetooth adapters

4. After that I was not able to turn them on,

and I tried several things:

a) I've reinstalled OS with clean Windows 7

b) I've installed all drivers, that are required for my laptop. that I took by Service Code from Dell site

c) I've installed latest drivers for WiFi from Intel site for Intel Centrino N-2230

c) I've checked Dell Quickset application, and I see, that checkbox, that turns on Wifi and bluetooth, is disabled

d) I see, that Wifi and bluetooth adapters are absent in Hardware monitor in Windows 7 (I don't see them even in unrecognized devices in Hardware monitor. btw, no unrecognized devices in this monitor)

e) I've installed Everest and I see, that it didn't find WiFi adapter too

f) I've installed Intel Centrino problem diagnostic tool from Intel site, and it says, that "Your driver isn't attached to your WiFi transport"

g) I've checked BIOS configuration, and found, that all hardware and hardware options are Enabled

h) I've took different Windows distributive, and repeat all above steps - the same result

And still Fn+F2 doesn't turn on WiFi and Bluetooth.

What I plan to do now: I'll try to switch Windows power management from Satndard to HighPerformance, I'll try to turn off Battery Saving Mode, I'll try to reinstall Windows and reinstall drivers with recommended by Dell order, but still a little hope, that this helps.

Could you, please, advice what else can I do to make my WiFi working? I'm really frustrated and will very appreciate if somebody helps

Best Regards,

Vlad

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 14th, 2013 19:00

vlad.avilov,

Sorry for the delay, work.

5 days old, you're under warranty. I would contact Dell Tech Support and they can fix this.

Rick

November 13th, 2013 11:00

Rockstar,

Thanks for a fast reply,

Yes, I installed chipset drivers first, but hadn't followed given in this document order.

I've tried to change power management of Windows 7 to High Performance, but no luck =(

Just now I'm trying to install drivers in exactly the same order as described in the document

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 13th, 2013 11:00

Vlad,

When you installed Windows 7, did you install the chipset drivers first, then follow the list? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Places to look to see if your Connection is enabled

Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and REGISTERED OWNER and post the information back here.

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Rick

November 13th, 2013 14:00

Rick,

I failed with installing drivers with described order. I've investigated links you kindly provided, tried to reinstall drivers, enable wifi in windows mobility center, search for a device in windows hardware monitor and bios, but no luck. Then, I found, that the last hope I have, is to reseat wireless card (but I really dont wont to do this, because laptop is only 5 days old and I dont want to open it's body)

Maybe you could advice better solution?

Below you can find my systeminfo:

Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Model: Inspiron 7720
System type: x64-based PC
Processors: Number of processors - 1.
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2601 МГц
BIOS version: Dell Inc. A16, 23.08.2013
Windows folder: C:\Windows
System folder: C:\Windows\system32
Loader: \Device\HarddiskVolume1
System language: ru;Russian
Input language: ru;Russian
All physical memory: 8 050 MB
Available physical memory: 6 306 MB
Virtual memory: Max size: 16 098 MB
Virtual memory: Available: 14 148 MB
Virtual memory: Used: 1 950 MB
Pagefile: C:\pagefile.sys
Domen: WORKGROUP
Servername: \\MAINFRAME-MCHN
Patches: Number of installed patches - 3.
[01]: KB2534111
[02]: KB958488
[03]: KB976902
Network adapters: Number of network adapters - 2.
(This is just my external device to temporary connect to internet) [01]: Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device
Name of connection: Local network connection
DHCP enabled: Yes
[02]: fe80::7923:6887:292b:e780
[02]: Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Network connection: Local network connection 2

November 15th, 2013 01:00

Rick,

This will be great! I very appreciate your help and will be very glad if tech support help me

Best Regards,

Vlad

No Events found!