Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 9th, 2016 01:00

Dell Inspiron 17-5748 Airplane Mode Won't shut off, WiFi and BlueTooth Disables

I perhaps made a mistake in believing Dell had it together when I upgraded to Windows 10. I can not connect to any Bluetooth devices and no WiFi at all. Laptop stays in Airplane Mode and it cannot be shut off. 

I have tried every option I know to correct the problem, except moving back to 8.1, which I may yet do since I have had nothing but problems since moving to Windows 10.

If moving back to Windows 8.1 is a viable option, even though it would mean re-installing all my programs, I guess that is a solution. 

Worst part, it is now no longer under warranty and I am going to have to pay for support. I am hoping to find a viable solution here. 

The device in question is the 1704 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 mhz WiFi adapter. 

Any help would be welcome. This Dell is barely a year old. 

• 

17K Posts

February 9th, 2016 05:00

Fischenbach

Did you update all your drivers to Windows 10 as well? If not click the link below to download them and see if the problem still exist. There is also a couple of links below to help you resolve your wireless networking issues as well.

Inspiron 5748 Drivers and Downloads

Wireless Networking for the Home for Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Dell-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

February 9th, 2016 14:00

Right click start, select Device Manager. Expand Human Interface Devices. For both Aitplane Mode Switch and Airplane Mode Switch collection right click them and select Disable. Then right click them and select Enable. The airplane mode switch should now respond as normal.

February 10th, 2016 13:00

I have tried all of the above to no avail. The Airplane mode is still on and won't release. I am going to try the other suggestions and see where it takes me. Thank goodness I have other options for getting online that don't require a functioning WiFi adapter. 

February 10th, 2016 16:00

It took and incredible amount of monkeying around to get this done, but I am happy to report that all is currently well and life goes on. Thank you,Jesse L., for your help!

1 Message

March 17th, 2016 20:00

I could kiss you! It worked!!!!

No Events found!