Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 23rd, 2012 10:00

Dell Wireless 1704 802.11b/g/n remains on when I connect via UTP. And then I need to reset my BT Home Hub 2 Router

Hi

Any help gratefully recieved.

My BT Home Hub Router needs to be reset regulary when I unplug my wired connection and change to wireless 1704 on a 3 month old Inspiron Laptop (i5, 8Mb).

I assumed that the wireless connection would be disconnected when I connect to the wired connected. And then when I disconnect the wired connection (when I move to another room), I assumed that the wireless connection would automatically connect.  If I manually turn off the 1704 wireless adapter (Function F2) and just leave the laptop connected to the wired UTP connection, then then router is fine - but I dont have a mobile device. I have just re-ordered the connections so that the Local Area Connection (Realtek) is the first in the list and then the(Local Area connection 2 (Broadcom virtual, I dont know what this is) then the WIreless Dell 1704 b/g/n (Broadcom)

I can not find how to disconnect the wireless adapter automatically when I connect to UTP.  I know that I can switch off the manually by Function F2, but would prefer not to. Would this prvide the solution, and how do I do it?

Of course this may not be the cause of the problem. But it feels like it.

Thanks.   Merry Christmas.    Colin

(Tag is Service tag removed per privacy policy>, bought Sept 2012) 

1 Rookie

• 

64 Posts

January 7th, 2013 11:00

uninstalled dell wireless-Restart laptop

1 Rookie

• 

64 Posts

January 7th, 2013 12:00

step2:install the driver from leveno site that is Broadcom BCM43142 Wireless LAN Driver (802.11b/g/n)

link here:support.lenovo.com/.../detail.page

No Events found!