Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 21st, 2017 10:00

Dell Wireless 1705 802.11 b\g\n (2.4GHz) - Version 10.0.0.349

Hi there, recently I've realised that my internet speed has dropped by 95% (im using windows 10). And so I did a speed test and it used to be 35Mbps and then now its 1Mbps. I did a speed test with my phone and then speed was indeed 35Mbps. So I went to Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center -> My wifi network -> Diagnose 

And then did a speed test again and then the speed jumped up to 35Mbps and this is the fifth time its happened.

I wanted to uninstall the driver however I realised on the dell website the driver has version 10.0.0.298 and I have a greater version 10.0.0.349. 

Is there a solution without reinstalling the driver? If I have to reinstall the driver how do I maintain the same version?

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

August 22nd, 2017 03:00

Dell have this driver. It doesn't list the Dell Wireless 1705 card on the Dell website but has hardware IDs which match the DW1705 on the driver inf file:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=DMG1V 

14 Posts

December 6th, 2017 06:00

* Right-click the Start button
* Type device
* Select Device Manager
* Click View
* Check Show hidden devices
* Expand Network adapters
* Rihgt click Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
* Click Disable device
* Close the Device Manager and restart the computer
* Once you have completed the steps, your computer should no longer stop losing wireless connectivity every time you restart

5 Posts

August 23rd, 2017 08:00

Hi, thanks. What I realised is that Dell System Detect (which detects what drivers and their versions which you have installed) wasn't detecting that I had windows 10. So when I selected Find it myself it gave me an option to choose windows 10. And the above driver popped up.

However I am realising issues with the network card since my internet speed keeps fluctuating between 1Mbps and 33Mbps. So I'm not sure if the reinstall has fixed anything.

14 Posts

December 5th, 2017 11:00

Qualcomm QCA9565 WiFi Bluetooth Driver

Version

Version 10.0.0.352, A08

Category

Network

Release date

12 Jun 2017

Last Updated

23 Nov 2017

14 Posts

December 5th, 2017 11:00

I'm having the EXATCLY same problem with a Dell Inspiron 3442 here in Brazil. Same wireless card, same OS, same driver version.

The problem DOES NOT happen in Windows 8.1 or on Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS or Ubuntu 17.10

The problem DOES NOT happen in Windows 10 using FIXED IP, only on DHCP

Have the latest mobo bios and latest driver.

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

1 Message

December 18th, 2017 12:00

I have a Dell 7720 which began losing internet connectivity after the big Windows10 upgrade last week.  As it is out of warranty I tried using Dell Support Assist programs to no avail.  I looked on this forum (thank you) and found this solution .   I don't know what  MS WiFi DVA is but turning it off worked great.  Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 21st, 2017 16:00

Reportedly wifi direct virtual adapter is for Miracast

3 Posts

May 3rd, 2018 11:00

Hi, This solution worked for about a month then it started again.  The Windows WIFI adapter is still off and no way to turn back on, so I can turn if back off again.  Sometimes my Dell wifi driver shows and sometimes it doesn't when I don't have wifi.  I have the Inspiron also.  I have not tried to reinstall it but I have read other people that did and it still has an issue.   I may go 3 weeks without a problem then it may happen 3x in one week.  I turn off and on about 10 times, when I see the screen black when turning back on for a while I know next time I turn on I will have wifi. 

Thanks Patty

3 Posts

May 3rd, 2018 11:00

Hi, This solution worked for about a month then it started again.  The Windows WIFI adapter is still off and no way to turn back on, so I can turn if back off again.  Sometimes my Dell wifi driver shows and sometimes it doesn't when I don't have wifi.  I have the Inspiron also.  I have not tried to reinstall it but I have read other people that did and it still has an issue.   I may go 3 weeks without a problem then it may happen 3x in one week.  I turn off and on about 10 times, when I see the screen black when turning back on for a while I know next time I turn on I will have wifi. 

Thanks Patty

November 1st, 2019 22:00

Does anybody know where i can find the linux (kali) version of the driver for this wifi card? Or where to look? I'm about to shoot my computer... IDK broadcoms driver page is like hidden from normal people but its dumb lol.

1 Message

December 18th, 2019 16:00

This fixed my wifes laptop, it only affected the builtin wifi in the dell laptop.

Any USB wifi adapter worked fine.

Thank you

No Events found!