Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2015 20:00

Dell venue 7 3740 Will not connect to WiFi

I have a month old dell venue 7 tablet (3740) that was working fine until today, now will not connect to my WiFi.

I have turned on and off airplane mode to be sure this is not the problem. I have turned on and off wifi on tablet, and have reset wifi router just to be sure. I have also forgotten network and reconnected with verified correct password.

I know this is a problem with the tablet not my wifi because I also have a Dell inspiron 17 5000 series laptop and RCA tablet and both will disconnect and reconnect and function with no problems.

I am not sure where to go from here and any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks

1.8K Posts

March 27th, 2015 10:00

Hi,

First question is, will the tablet connect to other wireless networks?  Have you tried it at an open wifi site like a coffee shop, library, etc?  I assume from what you wrote that the tablet does "see" the wireless network, just won't connect?

What happens if you remove security settings totally from the router and try to connect to it, with the tablet, as an unsecured network?

Here is our Networking%20&%20Wireless%20Support%20Center" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Networking & Wireless Support Center with some other ideas that you can try to help you connect.  

Let us know how it goes.

Todd

July 2nd, 2015 12:00

Same wifi connectivity problem. Plz help

July 10th, 2015 07:00

is there any stall to answer questions of Dell consumers???? 

Completely disappointed from this brand. I have the same Tablet, the same issue!!!!

1 Message

July 13th, 2015 14:00

I just bought a Venue 8, same problem. Not my first rodeo on connecting to wireless router (3 lap tops, 2 t.v., Nook, wireless printer, IPad, Kindle Fire) I've "pushed the little button" on the router," even found MAC address on device and inserted into my MAC filter on router, still no connections. It was doing fine but then .....

Come on Dell, make it right!

1 Message

August 5th, 2015 19:00

Same issue here. Have tried multiple break/fixes. None have worked. No WiFi...Pretty much defeats the reason I purchased the tablet.

1 Message

September 1st, 2015 12:00

They don't seem to care that this is an ongoing problem. They no longer support the Venue 7. We pretty much are left hanging with a USELESS tablet!

1 Message

October 26th, 2015 17:00

I cannot connect my tablet to wifi. It was working before. It is not a router problem because I have other laptops that are working fine. I tried all the steps necessary including putting the passcode in and get a poor signal.

3 Posts

November 19th, 2015 19:00

I have not one but 2 tablets Venue 7 (3740). They both stopped connecting to my Wi-Fi. I tried restarting router and tablets, pushing the WPS button on the router, manually entered wi-fi pin and so on. 

The rest of my equipment connects just fine - 1 iPhone, 1 Blackbery, 1 Dell Inspiron 17, 1 Mac and 1 TV. It can not be my Wi-Fi.

I red the posts above and was surprised that Dell have no solution for an ongoing issue. Can they really leave the customers hanging with a useless tablets less than 2 years after purchase?

No Events found!