Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

December 12th, 2012 08:00

Desactivated radio dell inspiron mini 910

hello:

how do I have to do to activate the radio in the  wireless card and bluetooth,
The laptop does not have any buttons to activate it and fn + f2 keys are not working.
I tried it with another wireless card does not work,
the pc recognizes it and installs but does not detect any network because it says that the radio is not activated

has the motherboard  a button to activate the radio or will it be damaged?

regards

1.3K Posts

December 12th, 2012 12:00

Hi Lucas122 ,

This model does not have a switch/button to activate Bluetooth/wireless however the Fn+2 is used to activate the same. Kindly check in BIOS if the Bluetooth/Wireless is enabled .Kindly install the driver for Dell Battery Meter/Wireless Select Switch by clicking on the link below.

http://dell.to/TPqVt6

Kindly revert for any other queries.

4 Posts

December 12th, 2012 14:00

Hi Harish M

Thanks for your answer

in the bios are both enabled, wireless and bluetooth

the driver batteri was already installed

I still can not activate the radio

dont know what else to try

it is possible that the motherboard be damaged ?

thanks and regards

1.3K Posts

December 12th, 2012 15:00

Hi Lucas122 ,

It could be an h/w issue however you can try and load defaults in Bios and also try refreshing the drivers in device manager.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 12th, 2012 22:00

Lucas122,

What version of Windows is installed? Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Places to look to see if your Connection is enabled Pressing the F2 button and make sure the box is checked, when answering the question.

Can you run an ipconfig /all log and post it back here.

Rick

4 Posts

December 13th, 2012 02:00

hello:

I have two identical Dell Inspiron Mini 910, one works correctly. and the other does not activate the radio, I did the following tests:

I interchanged the wireless card, and in one  works,  and in the other still does not activate the radio, so the card is fine.

I formatted the pc that works correctly and I've put the O.S.  that comes on the recovery discs Win XP home SP3 I loaded the drivers in the order indicated by  RockStar and everything works fine,

I made a safety imagen.arc with R-Drive image and I put it in the one that does not work properly the radio and the problem remains the same, the radio still does not activate and does not detect any wireless network and bluetooth does not work.

so I think it is not software problem but hardware.

On the PC it works fine, fn+2 key does not work either,

to turn off the radio on the properties of the device in the control panel..

Saludos y gracias

4 Posts

December 13th, 2012 02:00

x Harish M

I did it and it still the same

regards

No Events found!