Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2010 17:00

Dimension 1100 LAN and Wireless Drivers??

I need drivers for my Dell Dimension 1100 desktop. In the network connections there is nothing, and on my drivers list my 'Ethernet Controller', 'Multimedia Audio Controller', 'SM Bus Controller', 'Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller', 'Video Controller (VGA Compatible)' say 'The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28)', and I don't have the installation disk. Please help me somebody! >I NEED A WAY TO PUT THE DRIVERS ONTO A FLASH DRIVE OR SOMETHING SO I CAN DOWNLOAD THEM FROM THAT TO THE DIMENSION 1100 DESKTOP<

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 8th, 2010 19:00

Ltk41,

From reading all your other threads, you recently reinstalled the operating system, correct? If so, the drivers need to be installed in order.

The Desktop/Notebook Utility needs to be installed first(if applicable), then the chipset drivers. If they are NOT installed first, then the rest of the drivers will fail to install.

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

:emotion-55: Hint :emotion-55: When downloading the drivers, make a folder for each drivers and name it with the device it belongs with to make it easier to install them in the proper order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software(if applicable)
Chipset or SMBus driver
Processor Driver (if applicable)
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card

QuickSet(Laptop only)

Rick

11 Posts

February 9th, 2010 13:00

If I download the drivers on this computer, it will mess something up. I need a way to put them onto the other computer that does not have a internet connection. Is there any way to do this?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 9th, 2010 13:00

Ltk41,

Put the drivers on a flash drive or burn them to a CD/DVD and transfer them that way. Just make sure to select the proper make and model and operating system.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 9th, 2010 14:00

Ltk41,

Yes you need to get around thee Dell Download Manager. How to by-pass the Dell Download Manager then download the drivers using Internet Explorer. Download the drivers in your browser, one at a time.

Rick

11 Posts

February 9th, 2010 14:00

When I click download it asks me to install it or something, and once I do that, how do I get it downloaded on the other computer from the flash drive?

No Events found!