Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2009 20:00

Getting Online with a Studio 1535

How do I connect to the web using my new studio 1535. I don't have a wireless connection available...just dial up. I can't find anywhere to plug in a phone line so I need to know what I have to do to get online using my new laptop.  I have an Inspiron 530 desktop that i use dial-up on to connect to aol.  Unfortunately, in order to register the laptop and any software i have for it requires an internet connection so i'm not able to really use the new laptop like i want to. 

28K Posts

February 15th, 2009 23:00

Unfortunately, dial up is now considered ancient technology and the 1535 does not include a built in modem.  An external USB modem appears to be your only solution other than updating to cable or dsl internet service.  Here's a USB modem that will work:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Modems/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=A2125442

Steve

2 Posts

February 16th, 2009 07:00

Thanks for your response.  Is that the only one that will work with a Dell laptop or would a Zoom, U.S. Robotics or another over the counter brand work?  I hope to get away from dial-up sometime soon, but in the meantime, I would like to get to the web.  Thanks.

28K Posts

February 16th, 2009 07:00

Any USB modem will work.  The one I linked was just an example.

Steve

No Events found!