Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 9th, 2009 18:00

Going round in circles with Dell download manager

Currently ressurecting a Dell Latitude 120L from virus heaven for a friend. It's re-formatted and back up on Win XP 32bit.

However, the dreaded yellow question marks in device manager are becoming a lot of a nuisance. When I attempt to download the various drivers from the Dell support site I am prompted to download and install the download manager.

OK so do that and try again. The download message is to the effect of no files selected. Strange but that's where I started from. Click on download again once I have installed the download manager and all I get is "Download the Dell Download Manager ......... AGAIN!

The result is an eternal circle with no way around it to get the drivers I need.

What am I doing wrong? I cannot access the interet with the Dell until I get the ethernet controller driver installed. I have been using another machine to hopefully download and get them on removeable media over to the notebook.

14.4K Posts

August 9th, 2009 19:00

There have been numerous problems reported with the download manager. I would suggest using the browser option and either a usb stick or cd to transfer the files

No Events found!