Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 12th, 2011 06:00

I can't connect my N5110 Inspiron to WiFi and when I try it disconnects my wireless

Hi,

I am having difficulty connecting my Inspiron N5110 to WiFi (I managed to when I first bought it last week through a different network but when I bought it home it didn't work).

When I try and connect, it asks for the key, which I enter. It then searches and says it can't connect to the Network. The WiFi Network then becomes unavailable and loses signal with all Internet connected devices then taken offline. The network then reconnects but the laptop still doesn't connect to the WiFi. Is there a setting I need to change in the laptop to get it to connect?

If it helps the router is a Thomson Router, Any pointers or advice would be very welcome

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ben

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 12th, 2011 07:00

check your anti-virus and firewall

these are first to cause this type of problems

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 12th, 2011 08:00

Ben,

Turn off the firewall in the Thompson Router and try using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings I use channel 11.

Rick

2 Posts

November 12th, 2011 10:00

Thanks for the replies guys

I tried all that and still it won't connect. Have removed AVG on the laptop, have configured the modem as per the settings on channel 11 and yet it's not working.

Am I missing something?

Any pointers gratefully received,

Ben

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 12th, 2011 11:00

Ben,

Read THIS THREAD. It looks like your ISP is aware of this. They will have to provide another router that works.

Rick

No Events found!