Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2010 17:00

Inspiron 9400/E1705 with Dell Media Direct - Problem with Wireless and reading USB/Disk drives after XP re-install

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi,

I had to re-format and re-install the Windows XP on my Inspiron laptop. I followed the instructions given and partitioned the hard drive for Media Direct installation. After installing XP, I installed Resource disk too. However, I can not find the wireless network connection. I thought the driver was missing, but I couldn't go on the web to download it using this computer as it doesn't have the wireless connection. So, I used another computer and downloaded the Intel driver for the wireless (Intel Pro WLAN 3945 internal wireless), and tried transferring this to my laptop from a USB key. However, the laptop can not read the USB key. it seems asit doesn't have any drivers installed for USB key or any other external drives. I am surprised, as I thought they would have been copied from the Resource disk, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I am in a catch 22 situation. Can anybody help?

Many Thanks,

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 6th, 2010 19:00

the drivers need to be installed in a particular order; read  http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?docid=179256#Issue5

No Events found!