Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

M

3 Posts

April 12th, 2021 05:00

Keyboard + mouse set KB7120W (KM7120W) - bluetooth connection problem

Hi,

I bought this KB+M set and connects it to 3 devices (w/ dongle to W10 PC, w/ BT to W10 NB and w/ BT to Android phone). There is no issue with the connection using the dongle and  BT connection to Android.

But there is a malfunction about connection to NB using a Bluetooth. The following text is only about this connection.

The KB permanently disconects after the NB goes to sleep mode or after a several minutes as the NB shows a login screen or turns the screen off..

After wake up the NB the mouse is working normally but the keyboard is not responding. (dongle connection and BT connection just to the Android works normally)

In a bluetooth connection options in windows 10 the KB is shown just like "paired" while the mouse is "connected". At this stage also the "Dell Peripheral Manager" recognizes THE MOUSE ONLY.

The KB is again function only after a rebooting NB or after a connecting the KB as a new BT device. This situation is ridiculous while the mouse works normally but the keyboard not.

Does anyone has the same problem or already solved? (I found a thread the new update should fix this, but not for me..)

Thank you in advance.

May 8th, 2021 03:00

Try this and make sure there are little to no unnecessary electronic devices around your apparatus as they can halt or interfere with the signals. Try this test to make sure your mouse is intact and this keyboard test to be sure of its integrity.

solution.jpg

3 Posts

May 15th, 2021 07:00

I forgot to note, there is "no power management tab" in my seting.. and i am not an administrator so I am limited to change any setings.. could be the reason -> it is a company laptop with some restrictions.. e.g. a BT one..

2021-05-15 16_19_29-Keyboard + mouse set KB7120W (KM7120W) - bluetooth connection problem - Dell Com.png

3 Posts

May 15th, 2021 07:00

Hi, Thank you for your help but it seems not helped to me..

When everything connected properly (like after a win boot) everything works normal.. also proved by tests of your post. And right after putting a pc into sleep mode, the KB is just not responding (not checked also by your test) the MOUSE (after a wake up) works normal.. it will take approx. 3 seconds for reconnecting the MOUSE, then the mouse is fully functional also on windows lockscreen..The KB must be reconnected after a log on..

Speaking to power management tab, it is not present in my options.. The laptop is a company PC and there could be a problem..

NOTE: I tried the MOUSE and KB also with my personal PC via a "no name" BT dongle.. After the mouse or the KB is connected it stayed connected for about a 1-2 second and then them behave as disconnected.. (also in win10 the devices are with "NOT CONNECTED" status.

Thank you in advace for your effort and a helping hand..

May 16th, 2021 08:00

Open a support ticket here for yourself for personalized support.

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2021 04:00

Attempt this and ensure there are next to zero pointless electronic gadgets around your mechanical assembly as they can stop or meddle with the signs. Attempt this test to ensure your mouse is unblemished and this console test to make certain of its uprightness.

6 Posts

September 19th, 2021 08:00

Please open your own support ticket here if you require personalized assistance.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/dell-multi-device-wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-combo-km7120w/overview

1 Message

September 22nd, 2021 13:00

I think you need to reinstall your blue tooth driver. I was stuck with that once. Then you must test your mouse on this website (don't plugin your keyboard for now). If this still not working then try to change USD device you are using to plugin. 

6 Posts

October 11th, 2021 01:00

You can check your mouse on the cps test(website). If you score greater than 5 then your mouse is fine. cps counter

1 Message

November 14th, 2021 01:00

You are getting this problem due to a driver issue or maybe a hardware issue. First of all, try to reinstall drives of Bluetooth. If the problem is resolved then ok otherwise make sure your hardware is working. Four mouse test check from this website
No need to panic if it's still not working try to connect some other device to check your Bluetooth is working

December 25th, 2021 08:00

I think you are facing this issue due to a driver issue or maybe a hardware issue, Some times ago I'm also facing this issue due to drivers I updated and then its fine for me. Here is my blog you can get more Info here.

2 Posts

November 21st, 2022 06:00

There is a problem with your blue tooth driver that needs to be fixed. Having trouble with that once was frustrating for me. Then you should verify that your mouse works on any mouse testing website (don't connect your keyboard yet). It may be helpful to try changing the USD device you are using to plugin if this is not working.

2 Posts

April 25th, 2023 04:00

You may have some problems with connecting your Keyboard + mouse set KB7120W (KM7120W) to your PC via Bluetooth. To fix this, you can try these steps:

Check your Bluetooth settings and make sure Bluetooth is turned on and your keyboard and mouse are paired with your PC.
Update or reinstall your Bluetooth drivers in Device Manager.
Restart your keyboard and mouse and your PC. This may help reconnect them and resolve any interference issues.
Remove your keyboard and mouse from the Devices and Printers list in Control Panel and then add them again. This may help re-enumerate the Bluetooth receiver and the devices.
Contact Dell support if none of these steps work. There may be a compatibility issue with your keyboard and mouse and your PC model.

No Events found!