Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

December 5th, 2017 05:00

Laptop XPS 13 Keeps dropping wireless connection

My laptop regularly drops wirelss connectivity. I can get it back by restarting. Since wireless on my smartphone is working, I know it is not a problem with the modem or access point.

The Troubleshooter message varies. Sometimes is says it cannot automatically connect to proxy server; othertimes it is something about a network adapter.

Is it a bad wireless card?

Thank you.

• 

17K Posts

December 5th, 2017 06:00

MARIKO57,

Go into the Settings and click Network and Internet then click Proxy. Once in the settings make sure that Automatically Detect Settings is On and that the Manual Proxy Settings is off as well as use setup script is off.

1 Rookie

• 

84 Posts

December 5th, 2017 07:00

Those settings are already at those values (Automatically Detect Settings: On; Manual Proxy Settings: Off; Setup Script: Off).

14 Posts

December 6th, 2017 06:00

1 Message

September 3rd, 2020 03:00

I am having the same issues CONSTANTLY  with my XPS - only solution is to reboot  I know there is internet as my phone is connected . I run windows diagnostics and it says there is no error .  I had a remote session to fix this some time ago with Dell but problem has reverted. Have checked proxy settings and they are auto ON manual off.  What else can be wrong that I can fix???

June 1st, 2021 21:00

This solved it for me. Go to settings, Network and internet, Network connections. Right mouse click on Wifi. Click on diagnose. It will detect the issue and you'll see it is resetting the adapter.

After that it was solved.

No Events found!