Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 31st, 2010 13:00

Missing Drivers

After a re-installation of Windows XP I have been unable to connect to the internet through my wireless home network. Device manager shows 3 devices in conflict. Network Controller, video controller and PCI Device. I have tried downloading from Dell but they are not found or detected. Can anyone point me in the right direction??

This driving me crazy. Thanks in anticipation of your help.

1K Posts

January 31st, 2010 14:00

Hi sandles and welcome to DeLL Forums.

What Model? Use your service tag to find out the correct drivers for your PC. Download drivers using the Explorer option.

http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs

Dell machines need a correct order to install drivers. Starting with chipset....

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?journalid=3FEB54C5BB5D4D0FE040A68F5A2839DC&docid=3690A8CC21FAF290E040A68F5B281A12

Hope it helps.

2 Posts

February 2nd, 2010 16:00

Hi Iroc,

I was not aware that they had to be installed in an order. Does this mean I have to uninstall the drivers I have already installed?

The list showing the order to be re-installed does not relate to the driver list. I entered my Service Tag and got a list of 22 drivers.

I am not sure which driver, by its description, is relevant to the order list. How do I identify which driver is for Network Card for example?

Thanks for any further help.

Sandles

1K Posts

February 3rd, 2010 16:00

Hi hush007 and welcome to DeLL Forums.

Sorry for my late response. I was out of town for a wake.

Are you the same member who posted originally? I see your sig now. OK never mind. I still do not have you PC model Sandles.

I would only reinstall DSS or NSS whichever model you have and chipset, then reboot and see what hardware devices you are still missing.

Yes, the list for the drivers are not in anyway related to the installation order. If you entered your service tag that is how many drivers your PC needs, however, you have to read carefully to distinguish between drivers, firmwares, diagnostics utilities, and softwares. I would begin with drivers.

Hope it helps. 

No Events found!