Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2005 20:00

Must "Repair" network Web connection

Have Dimension 2400, w/Windows XP.

Wife has computer downstairs, through which she is connected to Comcast cable Internet.  I am upstairs.  She has modem and wireless router, and I pick up my web connection with the little flat round wireless gadget  (Dell Truemobile 1180 Wireless USB Adapter.)

When I click on Internet Explorer, I usually can't get on the Web until I go to the lower right hand corner of screen, click on the little monitor icon, which gives me the "Repair" option.  Computer goes through its Repair procedure, and then I can log on.

I have to do this most of the time.

What is it?  Are my settings somewhere in Windows incorrect?  What must I do to correct this, and be a regular internet guy like everybody else?

TIA

Al

2.2K Posts

January 13th, 2005 16:00

I had that problem after computer was updated to SP2. Whenever machine went into standby, the wirelss had to be "repaired." I called Linksys (it is a Linksys adapter) and they ahd me uninstall the Linksys wireless monitoring software and install the driver only. It worked.

Don't know if that info. will help you or not... Here is a link from Dell, but I am unsure how it applies to you....

No Events found!