Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 2nd, 2009 16:00

Not able to download form Dell.com

I need to download drivers for my USB port that is not working right.  However, I am unable to download from Dell.com.  Previously was able to, but not now.  The message I get says that Friefox cannot find the server dell.com.  It tells me to check the web address and it should have www. before it.  I noticed the web address in the window does not.  I try typing it in, but it still says error.  I checked my firewall.  Turned it off and tried again.  Didn't work.   Tried it in Internet Explorer and it just says erro on page and won't download.  Please help!

KKN0621

14.4K Posts

August 2nd, 2009 16:00

Those are the types of errors that you get when you lose your whole internet connection. Can you connect to other sites.

Note. Sometimes there are site issues on Dell's end, I just tried to access the site and it work.

9 Posts

August 2nd, 2009 18:00

Yes, I am able to go on everything else.  Haven't had a problem.  Any ideas what to do?

14.4K Posts

August 2nd, 2009 19:00

is it a problem accessing the whole drives and download section or just when you click on the download button.

can you get to the site by clicking HERE

August 2nd, 2009 22:00

This issue is known by many techs with firefox and older IE versions.

Im sure its codeing on the backend,.

Best thing to do is not click the download button but click the name of the driver you are trying to get.

i assume its the Dell system software one? it will show you a overview of the download ect then there will be a download link in there click it and you got it.

This issue happens allot.  Hope that helps ya.

1 Message

August 2nd, 2009 23:00

Hello, I've been struggling with this problem for days. I have two new Dells (and an older XPS Desktop)  and can't get the Download Manager to work on any of them. 

Clicking on the name doesn't  bring any other options up...just the manager.  It just sits there and eventually I get "An unexpected error has occurred. Please close the Dell Driver Download Manager and try again."  That's not very helpful.

I read the FAQs and turned off my firewall, but do I have to turn off all my security software? I checked the SSL TLS settings in the Internet settings. If I try to add it to the 'Trusted Sites', I get an error that it needs a 'https://' address. Their help isn't much help.  Any insight is appreciated.

All Windows IE8; XPS 410-VistaSP1 32bit, Satellite XPS-VistaSP1 64bit, Mini 10V-XP-SP3

Thanking you in advance.

No Events found!