Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2011 13:00

Problem connecting Dell 1355 cnw wirelessly to BT Business Hub

Help!  We've spent hours going through the online set up guide to connect wirelessly a Dell 1355 cnw wireless MFP to a BT Business Hub.  The problem appears to be several fold: the set up asks for a lot of fields to be filled in (WEP Key 1,2 ,3,4; Pass Phrase; encryption type whcih we think is WEP 64 bit hex 10 bytes), but we're not really sure where we should be getting that info.  For example, Dell asks for a SSID, but BT call it something completely different, though we think we've figured it out.   it's reaching the point where we're thinking of boxing it all back up, sending it back to Dell, and asking for a refund.  Especially after going onto online tech support, entering our service tag, only to be told the device isn't supported!   The MFP also at one point asked for a username and password which we've never set up, but which we seem to have guessed successfully as "guest" and blank.   Is it in any way possible to restore the factory default settings?  Is there really no Dell tech support for this device - after all we only bought it last Tuesday!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 1st, 2011 17:00

Tetramass,

WEP has always been a problem to connect to. Try using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings, I use channel 11. I would make a new SSID to make connecting easier.

Rick 

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2011 00:00

Thanks, but I really have no idea what you're talking about!  I want to set up a printer not send a printer to Mars!  Although with Dell I often feel like doing just that!  Dell is happy to sell me this product, but seemingly doesn't offer online support.  I don't get it...I had a rush of blood buyiong Dell after years of happy HP service, now I know why I haven't bought Dell in years.

No Events found!