Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2011 15:00

Rebooted Windows 7 on my Inspiron 400 Desktop and now it wont connect to the internet.

I have 2 Inspiron 400 Desktops, and one of them is at my parents house.  I deleted everything I put on one of them and rebooted Windows 7 back to factory settings (Using the CD)  When they tried to connect to the internet it wouldn't allow them.  I dont know much about what the exact problem is, but my mom says when she goes into the programs folder there is nothing in it.  Did I screw up the computer somehow when I tried restoring it to the original settings I bought it with?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 1st, 2011 18:00

StephMorey,

Did you use the Dell DataSafe disks? If so, did you backup the files and folders that you could not afford to lose? Windows 7 - IMPORTANT Windows 7 Backup Disks to create If not, the files and folders may be gone.

When you installed Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) did you install the desktop/notebook utility and the chipset drivers first? If not the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order If you cannot find Windows 7 drivers, then try using the Vista (or XP) 32-bit drivers, for Windows 7 32-bit of the Vista (or XP) 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit and install the drivers in the Compatibility mode

Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings

How To Restore or Reinstall Microsoft® Windows® on a Dell™ Computer

Rick

Rick

No Events found!