Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 31st, 2014 17:00

Slow internet download speed

Hi Everyone,

My company just upgrade to a 75Mbps internet connection. In my office there are 2 laptops, an HP Pavilion dv7 and my trusty Dell XPS M1530. Both laptops are connected to the same wireless network. My co-worker gets internet download speeds of 75-85Mbps but my Dell can only reach 20Mbps. I have already checked the driver, it's the latest version. I also ran the Dell Diagnostic on my NIC and everything passed. Why is there such a big difference, the HP is older than my Dell. I have the Dell Wireless 1505 mini-card installed. The only difference between the HP and Dell (beside the obvious) is that the HP is running Windows 8.1 and my Dell is running Windows 7.

Help is very sincerely appreciated,

JP

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 2nd, 2014 12:00

Well, 20mbps is good enough for chu, but I wouldn't know.
Maybe your co-worker is using the same internet at high speeds all the time, doing God knows what.

But there are many ways to resolve this, theres my own thing that can make everyone on the same network do anything on the internet at the same speeds, for example your downloading at ~70mbps at the same time your co-worker is downloading at the same ~70mbps, but this does not apply to upload speed, and I can't set that thing up or help you with this tweak I just told you about here, it wouldn't be easy to explain. I would have to use remote desktop.
  So you could just use this software and in its settings select that you are using Broadband or whatever fits best for the connection your having to connect to internet then scan with this software and see if that helps:
http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Ultimate/3000-2239_4-75738707.html

No Events found!