Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

March 12th, 2010 02:00

Studio XPS Bluetooth Error

Hey guys, whenever i start my laptop, (Studio XPS 16) this error msg always pops out after a while,

ERROR : Unable to start the Bluetooth stack device

What does this mean and how do i fix it?

5 Posts

May 29th, 2010 03:00

Can't suggest a solution, but just to let you know you're not alone.

My Studio XPS has just started doing this too.  If I find a solution I'll come back and post it. 

And if anybody else has a solution, then... pleeese?

5 Posts

June 26th, 2010 06:00

I finally got some comeback from tech support about this.

They said to download the bluetooth driver from the Dell site, reinstall it, and everything would work again.

I did.

It didn't.

Now it seems as if *they* have no idea how to fix it either.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 26th, 2010 13:00

What devices do you have connected to the computer with bluetooth?  If you are not using bluetooth at all, you can disable it. When you reinstalled the drivers, did you uninstall the current drivers first and reboot the computer? Read THIS.

14 Posts

June 27th, 2010 01:00

Likewise.....it still didnt work.....but maybe i did not uninstall it first.....I'll try that again and see if it works.....

5 Posts

June 27th, 2010 02:00

I did uninstall the old version, and I did reboot, etc.  It still didn't fix the problem.

I use bluetooth to connect various things to my PC, so I'm not interested in disabling it (why would I, when I paid extra for the bluetooth option??)

But the problem occurs even if there's nothing connected.  All I have to do is turn on the PC, wait a few minutes, and the error message will always pop up.

It's not the end of the world, but it's an annoyance to have this in a brand new computer.

No Events found!