Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 2nd, 2012 14:00

Turn off wireless when LAN connected

Hi there,

I've Inspiron N5110 I need to turn off wireless when the LAN is connected, 

the notebook used to do this automatically now its not.

How can I establish this

thanks in advance

3.8K Posts

May 2nd, 2012 22:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the wireless card driver? Click on start, right click on computer, click on properties, click on device manager, click on the symbol next to network adapter ( Make a note of your Wireless Card ) right click on the wireless driver and click on uninstall, click ok to confirm. Do not restart your computer.

Log on to support.dell.com, click on Home users, click on drivers and download, enter your service tag, or select system model to find drivers for your system. You will find the wireless card driver under Network, download and install it and then restart your computer.

Thank you

Royan

May 3rd, 2012 01:00

Well I tried, I did uninstall the driver and re-installed it again but same problem remains

although the LAN have a higher priority than the wireless but the wireless is not turned off.

3.8K Posts

May 3rd, 2012 01:00

Hi,

In most systems, FN + F2 disables the wireless, did you try that?

Royan

May 3rd, 2012 04:00

Yes I can disable the wireless pressing FN + F2 but I want to disable it automatically when the LAN is connected

3.8K Posts

May 8th, 2012 06:00

Hi,

There is no way to disable wireless when LAN is connected. Only option is to use the switch. The first priority is wireless on the system.

Thank you

Royan

No Events found!