Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2013 01:00

WIFI Direct issue

Referring to the below picture kindly be informed that we need to make a data transfer between phone and Pc using WIFI Direct features

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

March 3rd, 2013 19:00

Hi hfouad,

For using the WiFi Direct to transfer data between two devices, both the devices are required to be WiFi Direct capable. Please share the make/model of the phone in use; also mention the exact model of notebook.

Will take it forward from there.

To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6

2 Posts

March 3rd, 2013 22:00

My notebook model Dell E6430 installed Windows 7 and all Drivers

My phone Samsung Galaxy S3

Kindly be informed that when I make a WIFI Direct between Mobile and notebook there is no reponse

and i made a test between my phone and another Phone Galaxy note 2 and it has been worked without any issue

to make sure  WIFI Direct feature is working in my phone  

I appreciate your response

3 Apprentice

• 

710 Posts

March 4th, 2013 18:00

Hi hfouad,

Thank you for the reply.

'Latitude E6430' is shipped with multiple wireless cards. Please share the details of the wireless adapter installed in the unit; need to verify if the card is tested to work with 'Wifi Direct' technology. If any confusion, you may open 'Device Manager' and expand 'Network Adapters' category to capture exact details of the network cards installed in the unit. (A screen shot of that section will be useful).

It is important to establish connectivity between the two compatible devices, before sharing the data between them. Please follow the steps listed below:

1. Connect your device to another device
- In the application list, select 'Settings' > 'More settings' > 'Wi-Fi Direct' > Drag the 'Wi-Fi Direct switch' to the right (as in image below) > Select 'Scan' (your laptop should be detected as it is a 'Wi-fi Direct capable unit' > Select it and send a connection request > Accept the connection from your computer > The devices are likely to get connected. You may also refer to the image below:

2. Sharing Information with a Connected Device (from the mobile phone)
To share Videos, Photos, or other information with the connected device, use this procedure:

- Display the information to share; For example, to share a photo, locate the photo and display it in the camera viewer, then tap the Share, Share via, or Send via 
option

- Tap the 'Wi-Fi Direct' option > Tap the connected device name > Tap OK when the other device receives a prompt to receive information > The file transfers and
the
device displays a screen notification that a Wi-Fi file was received
3. Sharing Information with a Connected Device (from the notebook)
For step-by-steps instructions on how to transfer files from the laptop to the the phone, please refer to the 'Intel Article': http://intel.ly/WIPnUa
Hope this helps. Do reply if you still face any issues; would be glad to assist. 
To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6 

1 Message

September 10th, 2017 01:00

hi

i am using dell inspiron 3000 and mobile is samsung j7xmax 2017..can u please suggest me too

3 Posts

May 2nd, 2019 01:00

Does this model Inspiron 5559 support WiFi Direct capabilities. Wifi Direct to Samsung S10+
No Events found!