Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2015 09:00

WLAN Auto Config not starting

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 3531 15 inch. It is in Windows 10. I have used this laptop for 1 year and this is the first time a problem has happened. The problem is it tells that the wireless is not connected. I tried starting WLAN Auto Config in the services but it did not work. Whenever I click it to start tells a error message like this " Error 0xc00ce558: 0xc00ce558". Can someone help me in this problem fast.

1.8K Posts

September 30th, 2015 12:00

Hi,

How long were you using the wireless connections on your system after upgrading to Windows 10?  Did this start immediately after the upgrade or did it start at some time afterwards?

Was there any incident, such as a system shut down, sudden loss of internet / wireless connectivity prior to you seeing the wireless issue and the error?

The error your seeing makes me think that the wireless card driver (I'm assuming you have the Dell DW 1506 half mini card) crashed, and is corrupted.   Have you tried updating the driver on that system?  You can go to our main support web pages, input your service tag, and the system will redirect you to the pages for your specific model.  Click on the Drivers & Downloads link and then select Windows 10 under the operating system to see the drivers for your Inspiron 3531.  You will find the most up to date drivers for the wireless card listed under networking.

Let us know if you've updated the driver on that system, and if so what version you're using.  Plus let us know if you were ever able to get your wireless working after the Windows 10 upgrade, or if something happened after the upgrade that may have caused a software conflict / corruption.  Once we have a bit more info we can try and provide more options on how to fix the problem.

Todd

No Events found!