Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 21st, 2009 19:00

WLAN Message at Login

I have a Latitude E6400 with a Dell 1510 WLAN card. My hard drive crashed and I had to rebuild the machine. I prefer to keep my wireless off when I am not using it. After downloading and installing the latest Dell WLAN Card Utility, I now receive the following error every time I log in when my wireless is in the off position.

Reminder: The Dell wireless WLAN card is still disabled. Slide the wireless on off switch to enable it.

I am able to turn my wireless on and connect to wireless networks without any problem, and the wireless software works just fine. How can I keep my wireless off, but suppress this error from coming up every time I log in? I know that they are off, I don’t need to be reminded. I didn’t get this message when I logged in using a previous version of the software. How can I fix this?

6 Posts

August 4th, 2009 07:00

I've been wondering the same thing myself.  A nice useful reminder they added but the ability to toggle this reminder off/on doesnt appear to be in the Wireless NIC's driver or Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utitlity software.  I'm sure a registry entry or something to the effect of this could turn off this reminder but I havent come across anything yet.

No Events found!