Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 16th, 2013 11:00

WiFi problem with Inspiron 15 3521

Hi I have just purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 3521 and there seems to be a problem with the WiFi as it will disconnect regularly for no reason. It is not the router as I have other Laptops and they don't disconnect and so I think it may be a problem with the Laptop. Does anyone else suffer from this problem?

Thanks

3 Posts

May 16th, 2015 21:00

Has anyone responded? The fix they give doesn't work. I see a different set of options, same as you.

C'mon, Dell... Show us some good support, please!

8 Posts

May 22nd, 2015 06:00

Hi,

In 2012 I bought my Dell Inspiron and it had been presenting wifi problem until this week.

I have Windows 8.1 and the solution is simple. Uninstall the Dell network driver.

Keep using only the native Windows wifi. In my case, both drivers are incompatible.

The Bluetooth works as well.

Good look.

Regards

8 Posts

May 26th, 2015 17:00

Hi,

In 2012 I bought my Dell Inspiron and it had been presenting wifi problem until this week.

I have Windows 8.1 and the solution is simple. Uninstall the Dell network driver.

Keep using only the native Windows wifi. In my case, both drivers are incompatible.

The Bluetooth works as well.

Good look.

Regards

1 Message

May 29th, 2015 15:00

Hello there,

I am not getting these options by opening the properties of wireless card. I am having the same problem. A lot of times wireless network doesnt show or scan any network, sometime the WLAN doesnt start up at all, and a lot of time it disconnects.

Please reply as soon as possible.

1 Message

June 23rd, 2015 06:00

I also same problem as above and checked all your replies but . there is no proper solution.

If dell released any defect product . please take necessary action on that.

8 Posts

June 23rd, 2015 11:00

I also complained (which they ignored) and tried every suggestion provided on this forum, but nothing helped, so I ultimately downgraded to windows 7 and I don't have this problem anymore. Still, dell support is shockingly bad and at least I know whose product I won't buy next time.

1 Message

June 27th, 2015 03:00

hi bro this problem can be solved by downloading AUTODETECT.exe from dell

this was happend in my laptop also and i have rectified my mistake and it is now running on a beter way

visit for more details

www.dell.com/.../EN

4 Posts

July 9th, 2015 04:00

Hi Guys

On Windows 8.1 another solution to get your WLAN working is to download the atheros driver from the following URL

file2.mydrivers.com/.../atheros_ar5xxx_ar9xxx_wireless_10_0_0_315_whql.zip

Once downloaded, extract to a folder,  go to control panel -> Device Manager.

Right click on the WLAN adapter with the missing driver and choose Update driver -> "browse my computer for device driver" and  browse to the extracted folder and look in the Windows B directory. Select Atheros on the left column and then scroll down to Atheros Wireless LAN Adaptor ( Generic Driver name to cover all Atheros based cards)

Problem solved.

Enjoy Guys

10 Posts

July 18th, 2015 08:00

I realize this is an older thread, but I was having slow wireless connection on my Inspiron 15 - 3521. I decided to give these suggested settings a try and thank goodness they seem to solve mhy problems! Only exceptions I found were the following:

1) I too could not find an afterburner setting.

2) In changing the 802.11h+d to Strict 11h, I did try changing that from the Loose 11h to the Strict 11h and lost my wireless connection. I reset the laptop back to the Loose 11h and all is working good again! And, I have fast response speeds on the wireless!

Thank you SAHARSH K for your recommendation!

1 Message

August 26th, 2015 22:00

I have a brand new latitude 15 3340. It would not connect from across the house. BUT-- now that I have up graded to windows 10 I am having the issue with it disconnecting and reconnecting. I cant get to any website.

Solution please

10 Posts

August 27th, 2015 05:00

Emily - I doubt I will be able to help but a few questions come to mind in reading your problem:

1} You say a new computer?  Originally had which operating system, Windows 8, 8.1?

2) Did this computer ever connect to the wireless with the old operating system?

3) Do other computers and devices such as cell phones connect to your wireless?

4) Windows 10 upgrade which is relatively new. Have you reached out to Dell? I know they will probably tell you that it is a software issue and want you to purchase software support from them to help you with this issue. That is how many people find their way over to this support forum. I do not have Windows 10 on either of my computers, did not want it! I think if you can respond to the questions I have asked and be patient, I think someone might come along and have some suggestions for you to try. I wish you luck, I have been lucky using this forum and hope you do as well. - Rick

August 31st, 2015 21:00

Me too! I have a Inspiron 15 ....Windows 10 and I see some of those things but not all of them. My problem is I used to connect to the internet at 150Mbps and now I can't get past 72.2Mbps? Please Help!

1 Message

December 15th, 2015 18:00

I only have wireless internet. A few weeks ago I spent a couple of hours in online chat with Microsoft Support. I let the agent remote into the machine and I was told that the drivers were updated, yet we still have that problem. Could it be a hardware problem?

3 Posts

January 26th, 2016 02:00

Just change 802.11n Bandwith from 20MHz Only to 20MHz/40MHz Auto

February 24th, 2016 10:00

Hi Sandesh

In My dell inspiron 15 3521  laptop i have installed (wifi+ blue tooth ) driver and then blue tooth symbol is  after click on wifi button but the wifi symbol not showing i.e i can not able to wifi connection.please help me on this. i did so many ways by searching ways on google but no use

No Events found!