Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 30th, 2014 18:00

Wireless Quit Working...Adapter Not Showing Up

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3542 that had a Dell Integrated Wireless Adapter. At approximately 8:30 PM, Sunday, November 30, my screen went crazy. I had to unplug power adapter and remove the battery to restart computer. Since then, the wireless card is not displayed as a network adapter anywhere...as if there was not any wireless card inserted into the computer. The only network connection being shown is the Ethernet connection, for which I have no Ethernet cable to connect the laptop to the website to run the online diagnostic tool. The laptop is a loaner from ITT Technical Institute until I receive 36 credit hours, at which time the ownership will be transferred to me.

3 Posts

November 30th, 2014 19:00

Got it working, had to disable the adapter, then reenable it and then restart computer. Thank you for the trouble.

3 Posts

November 30th, 2014 19:00

I finally was able to bring up the actual adapter through Device Manager. The card is a Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHZ). The Resource Settings error is saying: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.  It is located at PCI bus 6, device 0, function 0.

1 Message

January 29th, 2015 13:00

This post saved me £6000 in university fees, as I would not have been able to complete my assignments without fixing this problem and thus would have had to resit the year. Thank you ever so much for taking the time to post the solution here!

No Events found!