Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 16th, 2013 02:00

Wireless connectivity issue-Dell Latitude 10

I can't connect to corporate office wireless network, initially it is trying to authenticate, but after some time getting can't connect this network error. we are using WPA2-Enterprise security type and AES Encryption type wireless security method. I can able to connect my home wireless network without any issue. I am using windows 8 enterprise 32 bit operating system. wireless device Broadcom 802.11abgn wireless SDIO Adapter. Please help me to rectify the issue.

I think if we install windows 7 32 bit driver for wireless, it will solve our issue, but I can't find driver for windows 7 32bit.

March 21st, 2013 00:00

I am having the same issue at school and it is directly related to the broadcom device. I am not sure if there is a fix except replacing the broadcom device.

6 Posts

March 25th, 2013 13:00

We are having the same issues. Below is an excerpt from the manual, found online, but it didn't help me at all:

Wireless Local Network Adapters (WLAN) WLAN and BT driver

Microsoft Win8 32 Bit Operating Systems do not provide native device driver support for WLAN and Bluetooth controllers featured in Dell Latitude 10 - ST2 systems. To obtain wireless network and Bluetooth functionality, install the Wireless LAN device driver applicable to the WLAN devices installed in the notebook computer found under the "Network" section posted on Dell’s driver & downloads support web site (support.dell.com). The installer also provides WLAN and Bluetooth application support which provides additional features including enterprise authentication enhancements

2 Posts

March 26th, 2013 12:00

I appear to be having a similar issue.  At work, we are running a WPA2 AES wireless network.  The connection is designed to prompt the user to acknowledge agreement to terms and usage after the connections is made.

I also have a WPA2 AES at home to which I can connect with no issues.  That network does not prompt the user with a terms/use agreement.

6 Posts

March 27th, 2013 12:00

We wer only able to fix it by changing the wireless signal, our network guys had to make a change on the cisco routers.

April 4th, 2013 13:00

Hello,

We have encountered the same problem.  Can you please elaborate on the changes made to the Cisco hardware?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

John

2 Posts

April 4th, 2013 14:00

I ended up purchasing a USB wifi adapter (for about 12 dollars and I was connected immediately thereafter.  There's definitely an issue here; I wish someone from Dell support would chime in; but at least I have a usable work-around.

6 Posts

April 4th, 2013 14:00

Lemme try - the cisco side is not my area of knowledge. First, it was enabled to allow WPA-Personal on the cisco router. Second, on the tablet, I had to do the following:

Control Panel / Network & Sharing / Set up a new connection or network / Manually connect to a wireless network /

Manually enter the wireless network info. Ours is broadcast and visible but I still had to do this manually.  The network name had to be exact, if there is a capital letter, use a capitol letter. I choose WPA-Personal with AES encryption type and it worked.

Our contract network guy enabled it at cisco, I did the tablet end so I can help more with that end.  You can't get to the encryption type any other way until after you have successfully connected to the wireless signal. Once you connect once, you can get into the properties of a wireless signal just fine.

April 5th, 2013 05:00

Thank you for the response.  We've gotten to the point where we've manually configured the connection in the same way you described (WPA2-Personal with AES) however it's failing to connect and the related windows events (8002 and 11006) say wireless security failed for reason "Dynamic key exchange did not succeed within configured time".  All my other Windows 8 devices (both laptops and tablets) work fine, it is just the Latitude 10 having problems.  Would you be willing to ask your network contractor exactly what they did on the router or access points to fix the issue?  Our next step is to start upgrading network hardware firmware to see if it helps.  I've tried installing other drivers for the Broadcom SDIO adapter (even from Lenovo and other vendors) but none have made a difference and the version on the Dell website seems to be the latest at version at 5.93.97.95.  We also tried to adjust the power management settings for the wireless NIC which was suggested in some of the forums but haven't found a fix.  Since the Dell power management scheme is installed some of the options to change the power management configuration for the wireless NIC are unavailable unlike on some of the other devices we've tested.

Regards,

John

2 Posts

April 9th, 2013 08:00

Hello everyone!

I have the same issue, however, I download all the drivers from Dell for the unit. I then install all the windows updates. I have done this from my personal 4G hotspot, so its kind of a work around. But then it starts to play nice and I can get it on a secure network.

Hope this helps everyone, I too would like to see it work out of the box.

-Jim

2 Posts

April 10th, 2013 10:00

Sorry about that. All this fuss over a 15 year old technology! ;)

I've had the same problem with mine sent it in twice 1st time new mother board wireless card and DPK Card. 2nd time they replaced the Hard drive, go tit yesterday still drops. there sending someone out to replace the wireless card again. It's also drops if I'm hardwired. I have a work laptop that works fine at home.

Thanks for the post Jim.  We tried the same steps to no avail.  In the end it took updating the system code on our Cisco Wireless Controllers to the latest version.  That fixed the problem right away for us.

Regards,

John

3 Posts

April 25th, 2013 09:00

I can confirm the same issue on multiple Latitude 10's running Windows 8 32 bit on internal corporate network (WPA-2 Enterprise / AES).  Connects to other wireless networks without any issues.  I have latest drivers dated 3/11/2013 v5.93.97.113. 

9 Posts

April 29th, 2013 04:00

Same here with (WPA-2 Enterprise / AES) ... and no answer from Dell Support 

3 Posts

April 29th, 2013 07:00

Here is a link that details the issue - support.microsoft.com/.../2749073 .  Good news is we know exactly what the issue is now, bad news is there does not appear to be a Windows 7 driver to roll back to.  We are going to have to rely on our network guys to update the Cisco controller software which could take a little time.  If anyone comes up with a compatible Windows 7 driver for the WLAN card on the Latitude 10 let me know.  Thanks.

No Events found!