Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 14th, 2017 00:00

Wireless signal drops when uploading on new inspiron 13-7000

I got this new laptop 12 days ago and it has had issues with wifi connection problems since day 1. Connection is lost as soon as I attach a photo to an email, upload files to the cloud, etc. I can reliably 'crash' the connection by doing the google M-labs speed test over and over again - usually crashes after 2-3 times.

I have contacted dell support who wanted me to send the laptop back for up to 14 days to be repaired. This is not acceptable as I have next day onsite warranty and this is a brand new computer which is faulty from factory.

I've been trying a bunch of things to try to figure out whats going on.

• I've updated windows 10 from build 1703 to 1709 which is supposed to fix some networking problems. 
  • I've updated the firmware on my wifi router (Netcomm NB16WV-02)
  • I've tried drivers for the Intel AC 7265 wireless adaptor from Dell, windows and Intel
  • I've updated the BIOS and chipset drivers.
  • I've tried the same speed test on 4 different wifi routers with the same failures every time
  • I've been able to avoid the problem by pairing the laptop to my iPhone hotspot via both bluetooth and wifi
  • I've tried with bluetooth turned on and off
  • I've had a dell support technician take over my laptop remotely and apply a range of settings on the advanced tab of my wireless adaptor
  • I've done a full factory reset on the laptop
  • I've run several diagnostic tests through windows, dell and intel and they all have come back 'normal'
  • every other device on my home wifi is performing as normal with no issues
  • I'm now trying to arrange a time out of my busy schedule to meet with a warranty service technician at my home which is proving difficult. I could have them meet me at work, but the problem is with my home network.

It doesn't appear to be a hardware problem, but I've tried so many configuration changes with no success.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

4 Posts

December 5th, 2017 13:00

I just found this which may be a solution. I can't test it as I no longer have my faulty laptop but it seems a likely culprit for the problem I was having.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

November 14th, 2017 06:00

Hi Natsterrr,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your computer is not working as you expected.Couple of things here, you have software warrant support for 30 days, so if it's software related, be sure and call in as quickly as possible.  If it's hardware related, please call back and inform them of your next day onsite warranty.  You don't state if it's a scheduling problem or if they are refusing to give you the service you paid for.  

If you need to escalate your issue, please fill out the Unresolved Issues Form

4 Posts

November 15th, 2017 16:00

Thanks Robert,

I don't know if it is a software problem or not, but I called in 2 days after I received the computer so it should be covered whether it is deemed a software issue within the 30 days or not.

There is no doubt an issue with scheduling, however I have tried to make myself available within the hours of 8am-6pm with the technician as per the email Dell have sent, though the service technician is reluctant to visit after 1pm, which is never going to work for me. I paid for next day onsite service and its been 2 weeks now and I still have not received any warranty help.

Currently waiting for support to get back to me with an address to return the laptop for refund.

1 Message

November 23rd, 2017 23:00

Even I am facing a similar problem with my new inspiron 5570 laptop. Can you please let me know the latest status of your issue? was there any solution provided by dell for this?

4 Posts

November 24th, 2017 04:00

Unfortunately nothing worked for me, I've since returned the laptop and I'm waiting for a refund.

Hopefully they can find a solution soon!

1 Message

December 3rd, 2017 02:00

Hi

I'm having the same issue. My new inspiron works fine on my phone hotspot but when connecting to my home wifi the connection mostly doesn't work and drops when uploading. This is very frustrating and I've been trying to fix this for hours now.

14 Posts

December 5th, 2017 11:00

Having the same problem here on Inspiron  3442, AFTER  1709 (Windows 10 Fall Creator Update), latest bios, latest wifi driver (Qualcomm QCA9565 WiFi Bluetooth Driver, Version 10.0.0.352, A08, Last Updated

23 Nov 2017)

The problem DOES NOT happen in Windows 8.1 or on Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS or Ubuntu 17.10

The problem DOES NOT happen in Windows 10 using FIXED IP, only on DHCP

14 Posts

December 5th, 2017 18:00

Going to try, don't belive that can be this simple...

14 Posts

December 6th, 2017 06:00

Just watched the whole south park season and a whole "vikings" season on netflix... NO DISCONECTION ! IT WORKS !

No Events found!