Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2017 18:00

XPS 13 9350 Wifi cannot turn on

Hello, my XPS 13's wifi suddenly stopped working since yesterday.

The wifi icon is permanently grey and upon clicking, stays grey. On network settings, the wifi switch is off and upon clicking, immediately switches back to off. I cannot see any available networks.

In consequence, I cannot access the internet with my laptop. I am using a USB adapter, which is working.

The day before the wifi broke, I updated the laptop with Windows Update. That day, I took my laptop with me and tried to connect with a sign-in network, but it failed. I could still see the available networks;  the wifi hadn't been at the  permanently-switched-off state yet. I thought that the failure to connect to the network had to do with the network and the sign-in issues, so I just shut down the laptop. After 30 minutes or so, I opened up my laptop and tried again, but this time, the wifi was at the permanently grey state as it is now. I couldn't view any available networks.

I have already tried the following things

1: Restarting the computer

2: Updating the driver

3: Resetting the computer while keeping my personal files.

Is there a solution to my problem?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 2nd, 2017 03:00

Thank you for your message.

Open device manager & expand network adapter & check if the wireless card is listed with a red X or an exclamation.

Check if there is any option that says unknown device.

If the wireless card is listed- right click on the card & click on uninstall (do not check the box that says delete driver) & restart the computer & then restart the computer.

For my records, please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

1 Message

February 23rd, 2020 23:00

I uninstall the Killer Wireless Network Adapter and restart the computer and then restart the computer but it is still not working. The Windows wireless service is still not running. Feeling frustrated.

in addition to my woes, my dell laptop 9370 is flashing orange and there is a message at the battery icon that says “(.... plugged in but not charging). Double jeopardy.

No Events found!