Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2005 20:00

cable modem and linksys router had to be reset

since i had to reset everything. my wireless no longer sees my ssid name. do i have to go through linksys website to reset everything. please let me know. thanks. wired internet access works wireless doesnt please help thanks

28K Posts

October 29th, 2005 21:00

Did you reset the router using the reset button on the back of the router?  If so, then everything is reset to the default settings.  The default SSID for Linksys routers is Linksys.  To check this you need to go to the configuration utility on the router at http://192.168.1.1 (not the Linksys web site).  Note also that any security settings (WEP/WPA/MAC address filtering) you had on the router were also reset if you used the reset switch.

Steve

774 Posts

October 29th, 2005 22:00

thanks for the fast reply. i did use the reset on the back of the unit. I dont have any security set on the network. just my firelwalls. thanks again. i went to the numbered site and had to put my name in to broadcast the ssid. it took and all. i chaned the channel from 6 to 11. everything working good again. something must of happened over night. cable must of went out or they were doing there update routines and causes the cable modem to go nuts. thanks again for all your help

steven

774 Posts

October 30th, 2005 00:00

are the lights on the router supose to blink crazy at different times. i know 1 light should blink with cable modem light. (activity light). the wlan light blinks like crazy and so does #s1-4. they blink at all different times very fast. i know 1 pc is shut down so that light is off. but all the others blink a 100 miles a second at diferent times not together at the same time.  maybe im nuts and is supose to do that. just curious. as long as my internet is working im happy lol. and i havent got any drops with the 9300 laptop with 2200 card.

2.5K Posts

October 30th, 2005 01:00

The lights are not supposed to blink like crazy - they indicate network activities.  Right now, as I'm typing this, the rest of my computer is idle and my WLAN light is lit permanently.

You should enable some form of encrytion or protection on your wireless network - a firewall does not protect it from your neighbours armed with a wireless device or computer from connecting and piggyback on your wireless connection to access the Internet.
No Events found!