Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

August 19th, 2012 09:00

connection

When i started up my computer this morning is said it could not find the server.  all the other pc's connected to the same server are fine.  switched out cable going to server and it did not fix problem.  pc worked fine yesterday.  what could be the issue?

2 Posts

August 19th, 2012 09:00

Do you have Mcafee?  I am having an issue with getting on internet.  Called Dell and they say that they've been getting calls all morning but then tell me its my software.  They tried to HARD sell me some software protection plan to prevent viruses.  They did a whole 360 on me and tried to charge me.  Confused and upset.  On hold with Mcafee now.

August 23rd, 2012 05:00

Hi Twinmaple,

As mentioned by Sondancia on the previous posts, there was an ongoing issue with MacAfee updates since the last few days. However, they seem to have corrected it now. In case you are still facing the same issue, please try the steps mentioned below:

Restore the system to the last date when it was working properly: Click Start>Type System Restore in the search bar>Restore to a previous date.

You may also follow the link below to do a system restore.

support.dell.com/.../document

Right click on the McAfee icon > Choose Update > Click on About and ensure that the DAT version is 6809

Check for Windows malicious software removal tool under "Windows update"

Navigation : Control Panel > System and Security >Windows Update > view the list of Updates that are available> Check for Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - August 2012 (KB890830)

Right click on it and hide the update > Run all the other available Windows update on the system.

If the issue persists even after performing the above steps, uninstall and reinstall the McAfee software from the website  or My Dell Downloads; ensure that the DAT version is 6809

Keep me posted with the status.

No Events found!