Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 1st, 2017 13:00

dell inspiron 15 3542 not connecting to Wifi after Windows 10 upgrade:

I have a Dell inspiron 15 3542 the non touch screen model. When I first got the computer it had Windows 8 pre installed. I updated it to Windows 8.1 and finally to Windows 10 the day the Windows 10 upgrade came out.

I have the following problems:

1. My laptop always says no internet connection is available. (The little Ethernet symbol with the red X) It seems like my laptop is deleting the network adapter. I have to remove the battery and try turning it back on. When it does come back on. There are 2 things it does if it does come back on  it works for maybe half an hour or so, then it turns off and says no internet connection available.  If it does come back on it'll sometimes freeze the entire system and I can't even do CTRL ALT DEL.

2.  Sometimes the computer won't charge it says "plugged in not charging" I have to move it to different outlets to see if it'll start to charge (usually it's connected to a power strip, but sometimes I'll plug it directly into the wall).

I've tried updating every single drive on the computer just to be on the safe side, and it still doesn't fix the problem.

I've tried to contact Dell and Microsoft, but Dell told me it's out of warranty and Microsoft said it seems like a Dell issue and that they couldn't help me.

I've done the factory reset, but it's resetting to Windows 10, and not to Windows 8. The guy I talked to at Dell told me it SHOULD. Be factory resetting to Windows 8 and not to Windows 10.

If this has happened to anyone else and they were able to fix it, please help.

I'm considering just getting a USB wireless adapter and seeing if that fixes the problem, but I don't know if it will.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

March 2nd, 2017 07:00

Download a Windows 10 Build 14393 .iso and make a Bootable USB. A direct clean installation of Windows 10 Build 14393 will perform much better than multiple upgrade installs? There are variants in wireless cards for each Dell model. Let us know what wireless card you have by checking the device manager:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/ https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1RkaknDn7v-Ucth4gt0U3BHVSY7oNkWr

No Events found!