Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 1st, 2007 18:00

"Update 778" Error 59% Installing Dell 1470 WLAN minipci on Latitude D600

Hello,

I am getting an "Update 778", whenever I install the the latest drivers posted on Dell's web site for the 1470 WLAN minipci card on my Dell Latitude D600. When I manually point to the driver in Device manager it always copies the driver , but then just simply says "there was a problem installing this hardware". In device manager it will show up as the correct name under "Network Adapters", but with the Yellow warning symbol over it.

No matter what version of the Dell Wireless Utility I use, I have tried R151120, R151519 and R102320 but every time I try installing the drivers it gets to 59%,  then the error " Update 778" pops up.

Like I said above I have tried to manually install the driver from all of the doanloaded packages all with the same result.

This is the second Dell Latitude, different Models Latitudes (Same 1470 WLAN minipci Card) I have had this happen on.

Please Please help!

Thanks,

Mike a.k.a. TrentonHawk

14 Posts

June 2nd, 2007 15:00

I don't know if this will help but....I got a similar error message on another Dell update. It turned out to be my Trend Micro Anti Virus. Try shutting your anti virus off during the install...
Hope this helps

Rogar

June 3rd, 2007 15:00

That sounds like an option I have not tried. Thanks. I will give it a shot! Mike P.
No Events found!