Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

July 5th, 2011 20:00

wireless printer problems

I have a vostro 1500  with XP and a Hp 6400 series 4 in one printer.   I setup a wireless network several years ago and then add printer.   It all worked well even after I add a Samsung notebook.

One week  ago I lost connection with the wireless printer on both computers... I can  hook up usb cable and I am able to print.    removed printer software and reinstalled.   When I printed  wireless network test report  it say no problems and congrats on successful setup of your wireless printer and still printer does not work.   the computer say printing system error.

Any  help will be appreciated!!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 6th, 2011 10:00

kayaker101,

Let's try the easy things first.

Power off your ISP modem/router and your wireless router(if any). Wait 60 seconds, then power on the ISP modem/router. Wait 15 seconds, then power on the wireless router(if any).

Run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Restart your computer and try to connect.

Power off your wireless printer, I would unplug it for 30 seconds. Plug it back in and let it power up. When your printer powers on, does it stay on, then go to the sleep/standby mode?

Wait about 2 minutes for everything to connect. Make sure the wireless printer is connecting to your network. 

If not, then try changing the wireless router to channel 11. How to login to your wireless router

Now open the document you're trying to print, click on file, print and make sure the proper printer is selected. Can you print?

If not, please tell me the virus protection and firewall you're using.

Rick

No Events found!