Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 13th, 2005 13:00

wireless svc help

I've just purchased 5160 notebook with wireless so i can use on the go for studies and work. I'm unable to start using my wireless when i'm on the go. The network connections says "wireless not connected". Do I need to purchase a pc card, wireless svc, etc. Can you please assist me in getting this wireless svc started. Let me know what steps need to be taken in order to this service started.

Thank You.

28K Posts

March 13th, 2005 15:00

Do you have a wireless service to connect to, like a router in connected to a broadband modem?  Are you within range of a wireless hotspot?  Or, are you looking to connect in a way similar to cell phone service.  If you want the latter, you need a different wirelss card, you need to pay a hefty fee for the service, and you can expect limited coverage, as this technology is only just now becoming available.  See the following article in this months PC Magazine:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1770717,00.asp

Despite Intel's commercials showing people accessing the internet from a remote mountaintop in the Utah desert, such service does not exist at the present time. 

Steve

7.3K Posts

March 15th, 2005 20:00

@volcano11 wrote:

Despite Intel's commercials showing people accessing the internet from a remote mountaintop in the Utah desert, such service does not exist at the present time. 

Ya gotta love it though!!  It is spelled sensual also.

14 Posts

March 16th, 2005 13:00

What about using a GPRS card if if the service available from cellphone company. This uses cellphone technology to give you internet access from anywhere where there are signals. Inquire from your cellphone service provider. This is available in the UK from companies like vodaphone I am not sure about other regions
No Events found!