Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 3rd, 2018 10:00

Mast and EPS on - can't console into switch

When I power up the switch, the EPS and Master LED come on at the same time and no other LED come on or blink - see the photo I have attached.  I have tried to connect them using RS232 cable and pushed reset switch - no reaction.

I have looked at user manual and it only references the RPS light and that it is ON and OK when the light is green. However, I can't get into the switch or do anything. What does it mean when the EPS light is on?

Thank you in advance. 

1 Attachment

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 3rd, 2018 12:00

EPS is the redundant External Power Supply. Green indicates that the external power supply is present and operational. It sounds like the switch may be faulty. There is not a whole lot that can be done without some kind of a connection. Power cycle the switch, and try using the reset button, bu it sounds like that has not helped. Do you know if the unit is still under warranty?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 4th, 2018 07:00

Is there an external power supply plugged into the unit? Or any other modules? If so, I suggest unplugging those units and then see if their is any change in behavior. There are no internal parts that can be replaced, when a switch is under warranty and becomes unresponsive, we replace the whole switch.

4 Posts

January 4th, 2018 07:00

I do not think it is still under warranty. Could you make a guess at which component is faulty? The switch EPS light is now RED, and used to be green. This means that the EPS is also faulty now? Is this a power supply issue do you think?

This is a PowerConnect 6248P btw

4 Posts

January 4th, 2018 08:00

No change in behavior. But looking at the user manual, the 6200 series has a lifetime warranty it seems. How do you request this warranty?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

There are some stipulations to the LLW. In some cases the LLW is only valid with the original owner? Are you the original owner of the unit? I will send you a message here on the forums, we can gather some further information and look into things.

4 Posts

Thank you.

No Events found!