Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 17th, 2009 09:00

DELL deleted my post regarding poor customer service.

Another nice move from Dell.

Basically I am unhappy with their service and do not recommend it to anyone, they promised a laptop to be delivered by xmas, and now cannot fulfill their promises.

I advise any consumers in the future to choose HP or Sony, both have stellar customer service compared to DELL.

Here's my story...

I ordered an admittedly highly customized Studio 17 on 11/21 with an EDD of 12/16, great be here for Christmas.  Checked on 12/11 to see status, still in production okay fine. Checked on 12/15 and found out I had an updated EDD for 2/10/2010...EXCUSE ME? February of 2010, I don't think so.  I called the so-called customer care, well that was unhelpful, canned speech, no reasons, no nothing. Just very rude "well, ma'am I suggest you just wait". 

I have been looking for a replacement system since, found what I want, now to just find it in stock somewhere before Christmas.  What makes this so difficult, like many posting here, this is a Christmas gift meant to be opened Christmas morning, what am I supposed to do show her a photo and say it will be here in February? And what happens if I do wait, others have had 5 and 6 delays in receiving their systems, there's no guarantee that the February date is a good one. 

Very frustrated. Very angry. Very disappointed.  Dell needs to treat their customers better than this.

22 Posts

Hello everybody!

After reading through the numerous complains here at the Dell.com message boards, I felt like I just had to share my story also. Its an amazing thing that you don't see any Dell representatives replying to most of these threads. They sure are quick at spending our money tho! Anyways I ordered a Inspiron Desktop and Studio 1745 on Nov 25th. Estimated Delivery for the Studio was the 22nd of December, their representative promised that it would be delivered by christmas. I received the Desktop a week earlier than the estimated delivery date, and amusingly enough, I got their email announcing the shipment (with tracking number) a solid 3 days after having the computer in my home.

Here it is, the 17th of December, I awake to a email bluntly saying, "Order Delayed, EDD December 31st". Almost a week after christmas, which I was assured wouldn't be a problem.. they also pushed this system on me, they must of known orders were getting out of hand and shouldn't of made a promise of a xmas delivery, and I coulda bought a different brand 3 weeks ago, pft.

So after a bunch of "AMAZING SERVICE" from middle eastern phone support, I chat up with a few "Senior Sales Associates" who repeat a script I can tell they are tired of reading and tell me "This is not eligible for compensation" I ask what is eligible for compensation and I get no reply. I mean DELL your a billion dollar company, promise me a delivery by xmas, and screw up, give me a $50 gift card or a free mouse or something, you guys do not seem to care about your customers at all. So heres to celebrating xmas a week later for my kid.. All because Dell doesn't know customer service.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

December 17th, 2009 11:00

Posts are deleted only if they violate forum rules, such as posting an order number or Dell employee name.

Of course, no one ever posted, "I got my order right on time!" So it's to be expected that the messages posted are always about delays, but this year seems worse than usual.

No Events found!