Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2008 18:00

Dell Support Center Error....

I am having trouble trying to access the Dell Support Center.  I keep getting the Error - Contents for this page is not yet available. Please close the program and check again later.  I had problems trying to access the Dell Support Center site...message informed me that the internet site was not available so I uninstalled the Dell Support Center program and then downloaded if from Dell and now I just keep getting the error listed above.   I have found a couple of other messages that looks to have the same problem as I do...any help would be greatly appreciated...am at a total loss as to what to do now!

3.4K Posts

December 31st, 2008 09:00

Hello,

The Dell support center software is very problematic and is the cause of many errors for Dell customers.

I have seen no solutions posted here other than uninstalling and reinstalling which you have already done. Your choices at this point is to contact Dell support if you are under warranty, or to simply uninstall the program.

I have heard reports of customers with brand new systems call about this problem and being told that as a 'software' issue it is required to use 'pay for' support, since software is not covered under the warranty. :emotion-45:

5.8K Posts

December 31st, 2008 10:00

I agree with Darrell.

Dell Support software has proved problematic for years. More importantly, it has never demonstrated that it can accomplish more than what you can achieve manually on your own.

The standard advice hereabouts is to uninstall it in your Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, and save yourself the grief.

3 Posts

December 31st, 2008 11:00

Hey...thanks for the advice.  just a few things.  While waiting for replies this is what I tried and it worked.

(That is after spending several hours getting to this point...wasted a good part of this day...the last one in 2008)

1. Uninstalled Dell Support Software using the Control Panel.

2. Re-booted my system.

3. Ran the following utilities that I have on my computer which is a Dell Dimension E521:

a. Eusing Free Registry Cleaner.

b. CC Cleaner.

c. Dell PC Tune Up which I have on my system.

(do not think I need this program to keep my system clean...just a waste of my money)

(just decided to try and clean all the junk out of my system...)

4. Re-booted my system.

5. Did a disk cleanup, then a drive defrag.

6. Re-booted my system.

7. Installed the Dell Support Center program from their site and it worked.

(seems it took forever for the Dell Support Center to enter...it just sat there doing nothing but it finally loaded on my system)

I do not think it was worth my time and effort to get this program to work...seeing how I was informed that it is not necessary to have on my system.  Wish I would of waited for responses and not wasted the time it took to get it to work...Oh, well at least I got it to work...if it happens again it will be Control Panel and Remove the Program...I will take the advice that I was given on this post...again thanks for the replies!

Hondo.ir

5.8K Posts

December 31st, 2008 15:00

Hondo.ir~

Glad to hear you resolved your problems. If Dell Support Center causes you no problems, then by all means keep it. If it causes you grief, then ditch it. You will not miss it.

I note you are also using a registry cleaner. I strongly advise you to uninstall it:
AUMHA Discussion: Should I Use a Registry Cleaner?
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=28099&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Best wishes for the New Year!

No Events found!