Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 29th, 2014 14:00

How to reply or start a new thread?

Am logged in yet cannot find any "New Post" button to be able to ask any questions. What is required other than being a member and needing some assistance? I have posted before over two (2) years ago and last year in June. Seems there have been some changes made I am unaware of and cannot get around this missing part for posting.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 30th, 2014 13:00

Robert is off so I will take this...

You cannot reply to the "search" page. You would have to click on one of the blue highlighted threads,

"RE: Dell Optiplex 960 TPM and Bitlocker Issues"

That takes you to the specific thread. From there you can click the Reply button.

To start a new thread, go to the board needed, like Desktop General Hardware. On the right under the blank search bar, click New Post.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 8th, 2020 18:00

If the blue reply button is not present, this means that the thread is locked. Start a new thread to discuss your issue. Reference (link) the locked thread in the body of your post.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

January 29th, 2014 20:00

Am loggedin yet cannot find any "New Post" button to be able to ask any questions. What is required other than being a member and needing some assistance?

I have posted before over two (2) years ago and last year in June. Seems there have been some changes made I am unaware of and cannot get around this missing part for posting.

LxCc

To post this message, you must have click on the 'New Post' feature, highlighted in Blue at the top right of this page. :emotion-5:

Bev.

45 Posts

January 30th, 2014 03:00

This is rather obvious that I found the "New Post" Radio Button on this part of the forum. Just because I did not spell out exactly where the problem is located, I thought you could think, "well it is not in this part of the forum. Maybe it is on other pages!" Well it is within the other pages of this forum that the "New Post" Radio Button is not shown. What changes have been made that requires even seldom posters are required to go to this section first? Will I now find this RB so I may post my question about my computer?

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

January 30th, 2014 06:00

LXCC,

Welcome back to the Forum.  Which pages are you unable to post on?  Could you please provide a link, and I can have the platform administrator look into why this is happening?  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

45 Posts

January 30th, 2014 09:00

Dell-Robert P,

You asked for an example of the page that is not showing a "New Post" RB . . well just now found one:

http://en.community.dell.com/search/#q=Optiplex%20960%20&sort=date%20desc&defaultAskForumId=0&pi1680537405=1&category=forum&categoryVisible=1&group=72&groupVisible=1

How are you to start a new Thread or whatever you call them as I do not want to post to one that was started by another as my issues are not the same as what is being discussed.

45 Posts

January 30th, 2014 09:00

DELL-Robert P,

May I apologize for my reply to Bev, have been very upset with DELL over the years, like their computers but their techy support stinks. Plus when there is a purchase of a refurbished computer they refused to change the ownership of said computer to my name and addy. Have purchased five (5) computers from DELL all refurbished with the same issue. Just giving a little history of my experiences with said company.

Have been a member of the Community for several years just not able to come here very often. #1. When logging in the other day first off they would not recognize my email addy nor password. Told me there was not any matching records, but; when hitting the 'Back' button on my browser to go back to the Login Screen suddenly miraculously was signed in as my LxCc . . so I went to the page for "Optiplex 960 Memory" and searched for some information on what type and amount of memory that could be used. Have learned much about my New (Used) Computer from Dell. Went through about 15 pages of information from other members and never could find a "New Post" Radio Button(RB). Cannot remember where I found this part of the Forum, New to the Community, when opening the first page there was a RB so posted my comments and went back to the other page on the Optiplex and there was NOT any RBs on any page.

Today there are RBs on those pages now, do not understand what changed have done everythingy the same. Just at a loss as to why this happened. It is rather STRANGE to be told your records cannot be found but when clicking the 'Back' button get logged in. Not complaining just wanting to pass this on, could be a Security problem with the Forum's system.

Thank you for reading my messages and willing to take over with a rude, abrasive, obnocktous, person . .

45 Posts

January 30th, 2014 14:00

Thank you so very MUCHLY for this reply. This Community has changed a bit since I first registered and did not understand where to find the RB for doing a NEW Post. I did not want to hit the reply in another's post because they were not discussing any thing like what I was wanting to ask.

Just need to be accustomed to the setup of this forum, again, THANK YOU very MUCH!!

12 Posts

October 31st, 2018 08:00

I know I am replying to an old thread, but I would like to add my quick input as this is a topic that I also have an issue with. I was searching and reading different threads and different posts, but could not see how to reply to any thing! Absolutely ridiculous way I found how was to click on the "go to solution" button. Sorry, but as a previous person has posted, this should be just about simplicity. Not searching the community for solutions on "how to reply." Ok, done with my rant and on to more searching on this community. Cheers, Bazzeeda ....Dell user and purchaser since 1999. Over 60 pc's, desktops, monitors, servers and printers.

2 Posts

May 8th, 2020 10:00

The post I am trying to reply to does not have a "Reply" blue button. How do I reply to those? The Dell solution says "These cases were handled via Private Message."

The post I am trying to reply to is: XPS 15 9570, BIOS update installed, battery issue

I have the same issue and I would like to know how it was resolved. I was supposed to get a call back from Dell but that did not happen.

No Events found!