Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 15th, 2012 14:00

Inspiron 15R (5520)-- "Defective Keyboard" and "Defect with the 1gb AMD radeon graphic card"

inspiron 15R(5520)

Problem wid the 1gb AMD radeon(HD 7670 M) Graphic Card and some keyboard keys. Graphic card is not identified. shows in Device manager but dosen't work.

I have problem wid some of ma keyboard keys. I have to tap it twice or thrice to write.. Called up da customer support many times but no good response... I'm really exausted, Plz help...

803 Posts

September 20th, 2012 22:00

Hi Nirjhar,

Sorry about the delay. If the operating system was already re-installed and the PC scan came up with an error, the video card will have to replaced. Please click on my user name and add me as a friend. Please provide the system service tag, name of the owner and contact number through private message only. I will check the system warranty details and help you with this issue.

803 Posts

September 15th, 2012 21:00

Hi Nrasaily,

This could be an issue with the video card drivers or the graphics card itself. Uninstalling the video card drivers from Programs and Features and Device manager should fix this issue. Please follow the steps given below:

1. Click Start, type Programs and Features in the search box. In programs and features, locate ATI catalyst control center and right click to Uninstall. Restart the system.

2. Open Device manager and uninstall the AMD HD Radeon 7670 drivers. Restart the system. Remove all ATI related components from the system before it is re-installed.

3. Install the AMD HD Radeon 7670 drivers using this link: http://dell.to/RVGXiF

If the issue persists, run diagnostics on the video card by performing the steps given in this link: http://dell.to/KRBOtZ 

Please make a note of any error messages that you get during the test.

Based on the symptoms that you have mentioned about the keyboard, it seems to be a mechanical failure with those particular keys which do not work. Please check if the same keys work fine in Notepad and MS Word. You could also check if the keys work in Command Prompt. (Click Start, type 'cmd' in the search box to open Command Prompt). The keyboard will need to be replaced if the keys fail to work in the above mentioned programs.

Please reply with the results.

5 Posts

September 16th, 2012 11:00

Hi Satya,

Thanks for da reply. Hey I have tried all da suggestions that u have told me to do. Still I am facing the issue wid my Graphic Card. I'm sending you some of the screenshots along wid this mail so you can go through and find out wat's da main problem wid ma machine. If u need some more details on this issue do lemme know.

1st screen shot is of the Display Screen. there it shows only one option display (Intel 4000) apart from da default display i.e. Pc mobile Display.

2nd Screenshot is of "Advance Setting"

3rd Screenshot is of another display i.e. 2nd Display not detected

4tn is the "Catalyst control Centre" not responding. And the last screen Shot is, when i click Right on da screen, and gives me the options about da screen Display and al, there the First two options i.e. Graphic Properties and the Configure Switchable Graphics not responding when i click on them.

Do let me know, if you want me to format the laptop and install all the drivers freshly. 

I have also tried what you have said me regarding the Keypad Keys, but it's all the same in Notepad, MS word and in Command Prompt. I  a'm sure now this is a problem wid ma laptop Key Pad. 

Hey I have come to know that I have some additional problem wid ma Laptop.  "Power Option" I have send you da screen shot  of Power Option-- Edit Plan Settings. Using this Setting but still my sleeps in less then 1Minute and then Hibernates. :(

Problem wid the Touch Pad... I'm tired wid tons of problem wid this laptop...  :( :( :(

1 Attachment

803 Posts

September 20th, 2012 01:00

Hi Nrasaily,

Thank you for the screen shots and detailed information. Based on the information you have given, keyboard seems to have gone bad and will have to be replaced. Regarding the graphics card issue, please run a custom scan on the video card using PC check up and make a note of any error messages. If the custom scan comes up with any error, the graphics card will have to be replaced. If the system is under warranty I would suggest a depot repair, as all issues will be diagnosed at the depot and all required parts will be replaced. This process will take up to 7-10 business days.

Re-installing the windows operating system will fix all software glitches and can be helpful in this situation. Please back up all your data and files on an external hard drive or DVDs before you re-install the operating system. Ensure the drivers are installed in the correct order, as this is important. Here is the link that has information on how to install drivers in the correct order: http://dell.to/NdhToL 

Windows 7 re-installation steps link: http://dell.to/QDZIIW 

Please reply with the results.

5 Posts

September 20th, 2012 04:00

Hi Satya,

Thanks for da reply again, though it was little late. As you have mentioned in da above mail, I have done all the steps u have asked me to do. After the PC scan is done it shows error wid the graphic card. I have done both Pc scan and the online diagnostic, the result is same. I have been writing you and the other agent as well regarding my issue.. Now seems like it's getting late for ma system to get fixed, because of which m stuck wid ma work in the middle of nowhere as I'm a web designer. So i would request you to resolve my issue as soon as possible. I have attached the screen shot of PC scan result along wid this mail.

Thank you,

Nirjhar.

1 Attachment

September 21st, 2012 02:00

Hi Satya,

I'm also facing the same problem with AMD HD Radeon 7670 graphics card . I have purchased the dell 5520 laptop. Graphic card is not identified. shows in Device manager but dosen't work. 

On Display Screen  it shows only one option display (Intel 4000) apart from the default display i.e. Pc mobile Display.

Please provide the solution...

Thanks,

Bhrat Kapoor

September 21st, 2012 03:00

Satya,

For me Graphic Properties and the Configure Switchable Graphics is responding, but Configure Switchable Graphics not giving option to switch to AMD graphics card.

Thanks,

Bhrat Kapoor

1 Message

January 31st, 2013 23:00

Hi I am using Inspiron 5520 in Windows 8 64x Platform. I did install the latest driver update for Radeon HD 7670M, but still i cant use it while gaming or other purposes. Whenever I open the Catalyst control center or the switchable Graphix Controller, the error msg comes that the application stopped working. Can I have solution for this problem....???? Thank u

No Events found!