Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2008 06:00

Inspiron 6000 problems

Ok, I got a Dell inspiron 6000 laptop and I got a problem.

I'm running windows vista 32 bit. when im just on my laptop such as gaming I suddenly get a Blue screen, no message in it just a blue screen, first my screen freezes, than suddenly the blue screen appears.

Now when I start my laptop i get an error , theres something with the language option on it, I need to put the installation disc in and then I need to reinstall my whole pc again..

Can this be fixed or should I just put xp on?

If anyone can help me i'd be glad

Thank you.

Sam.

3.4K Posts

November 23rd, 2008 08:00

Now when I start my laptop i get an error , theres something with the language option on it, I need to put the installation disc in and then I need to reinstall my whole pc again..

Hello,

If you can tell us the exact error message, someone might be able to help you.

984 Posts

November 23rd, 2008 08:00

Try a Windows Vista startup repair as follows:

1.Insert your Windows Vista reinstallation disk and reboot the computer

2. When the DELL logo appears, press immediately.

3. When the boot device list appears, highlight the optical drive and press .

4. Select the Boot from CD-ROM option from the menu that appears and press .

After you select the language, time and currency formats and keyboard input method, click Next. On the following screen choose Repair Your Computer.

The system will search for recovery options. Then click Repair and Restart.

If the above does not work you can boot from your installation disk again and try a Startup Repair or a System Restore to an earlier point in time.

984 Posts

November 23rd, 2008 09:00

at the installation i can't select language,time etc it just does it automaticly

Looks like it's not booting from the reinstallation disk. Insert the disk and then reboot. Immediately the Dell logo appears keep tapping the key. Then choose to boot from your optical drive.

2 Posts

November 23rd, 2008 09:00

at the installation i can't select language,time etc it just does it automaticly

No Events found!