Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2009 13:00

Is it just the i7, or does it always take Dell over a month to deliver a product?

Am new to the community, but not to the product.  I ordered a Studio 17 with the i7 "beast-mode" and was wondering if I really should expect an order placed on 10/2, to actually arrive at the door on the estimated delivery date of 11/9?  Do people really wait that long to get their computers these days?  Should I expect an email saying, "just kidding buddy!"

I'm not very impatient, but that's just a long time to wait.   Will the fact that I financed it slow down the process?  Does being a preferred customer make any difference at all?  Or is it just simply the fact that they rolled out this revamped model just over a week ago to blame?  I've been trolling for answers and have heard a lot of griping about delivery times.

Surely someone on the boards has got to have some encouraging news regarding this very "iffy at best" situation I got going on right now.  I guess people just can't say, "out of stock" these days, before you buy something. *sighs.

_insert sig here._

16 Posts

October 10th, 2009 04:00

I ordered a Studio 15 with i7 processor on 28 Sept.. On 30th Sept. it went into Production and I was given an estimated delivery date of 8 Oct but on 6 Oct the delivery date was changed to 15 Oct. I have just checked the status and it is still in Production. Has anyone else ordered Studio 15 with i7?

When I ordered it I used the online chat with Dell to decide between 2 PCs (I want to use it with Pinnacle Studio) and they advised me to order the Studio 15 (rather then the more expensive Studio 16 XPS!). I specifically asked if I would be able to return it is wasn't powerful enough for my I wanted it for and they said yes, as long as it is within 7 days - which was fine. However I am going away for one week at the end of the month and I don't want to come back, find that the laptop has arrived and is not working for what I want but be unable to send it back as it has been more than 7 days!!!

5 Posts

October 11th, 2009 19:00

Update:: on 10/8 I had a text conversation with a sales rep about my order. He told me, "we expect the order to be delivered on or before the date given (11/9). After questioning him about how realistic that date what be and what not, he continued to say that, "we can not guarantee anything at this point." Finally after about 20 or so minutes he finally told me to expect the laptop to arrive in the next 3-5 business days..? I just hope he wasn't saying that because he was getting off work and was trying to get home.. I understand that quoting us a ship date of over a month for a laptop in high demand,

October 11th, 2009 19:00

Ordered same model on the same day, expected ship date is 11/05... I thought that buying a new model early would lead to short build time...  guess i was wrong

Keep posting here if you get some news from dell

1 Message

October 24th, 2009 19:00

I ordered an XPS 16 with i7 on 3 Oct. Originally given EDD of 23 Oct. On 23rd Oct the date changed to 10 Nov. As long as I get it this year, I'll be happy.:emotion-2:

1 Message

October 29th, 2009 09:00

I got my Dell Studio 15 i7 two days ago.

24hrs later screen went dark and laptop wouldn't respond. Switched it off and on, again no response no lights.
Long beep and two short beeps once. Few minutes later laptop worked fine for next six hours.

Took it to work and switched on - Long beep and two short beeps. Tried again worked fine for few minutes. Ran
tests suggested by tech support guy - no errorrs reported.

Now it is dead and going back to its maker :(

As for Dell service - it's very poor - only interested in sales, so no technical/service chat facilities. Once they've
got your cash you are nothing to them.

I'll just stick to my trusty Insp 5160 - a machine built like a tank.

No Events found!