Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 19th, 2008 08:00

Volume and DVD Drive Boot Up Glitch

Hello everyone, I'm new here so apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

I've recently purchased a Studio 1537 laptop (and very nice it is too!). Everything is working OK, apart from a small glitch on boot up. When I boot up and everything is loaded, my volume control goes right up to 100% and stays there for a while. If I try and decrease the volume it goes straight back up again, and then a DVD (if in the drive) ejects and the volume is once again changeable.

I'm wondering if this is a well-known glitch, and if so, how would I go about fixing it?

Thanks for any help or advice anyone can offer,

Paul

1 Message

November 26th, 2008 16:00

I just got my Studio 15 a week ago and it does the same thing.  I've been trying to search to see if I can find a solution.  I'd appreciate help too!  Thanks

3.4K Posts

November 27th, 2008 10:00

Hello,

I suggest that you call Dell support since this is a new system, or use the Dell chat feature to ask.

3.4K Posts

November 27th, 2008 11:00

Hi Melindah and many thanks, Thereal-dbk4297.

I contacted Dell online help and they managed to fix the problem. Apparently they 'flashed my BIOS' (which was completely painless) and I installed a file and it's now solved the problem.

Hope this works for you too, Melindah.

Hello again,

I'm glad that my answer solved your problem.

2 Posts

November 27th, 2008 11:00

Hi Melindah and many thanks, Thereal-dbk4297.

I contacted Dell online help and they managed to fix the problem. Apparently they 'flashed my BIOS' (which was completely painless) and I installed a file and it's now solved the problem.

Hope this works for you too, Melindah.

1 Message

November 16th, 2009 03:00

I realize this is an older post, but wanted to put in my 2 cents.... I have had the same problem only after a technician had to re-install my display screen due to a white line appearing vertically on the screen.  Since then, I've had my bios flashed several times, had software re-installed, and have had two tech visits, replacing my media panel, the motherboard and the speakers.  After all of this the issue has begun to happen again.  I can only assume there is a software conflict that is causing this to reoccur, but I still don't know which piece of software could be the culprit.

No Events found!