Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 9th, 2009 22:00

What is this point system ?

Hello,

What is the purpose of the point system? Tracking ‘usefulness’, 'relevance', question quality, answer quality, following site rules and procedures, or ........

What are the criteria of scoring?

Is it automated or does someone award them?

Any reference material on this site to explain this?

Thanks for any info,

Dave576

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 10th, 2009 05:00

There doesn't seem to be any real sense to it or even purpose.  Even us "old timers" have no idea what is happening with it.  Dell apparently planned on grading us on our responses but backed away from that after we put up a fuss, but the points are still there. I personally ignore them and I'd have to look at my "score" to tell you what points I have.   Another forum item that seems to have lost it's way is the "accepted solution" to a problem.  Most, that get a soulution to their problem either do not check that or never even post that it's been fixed - they see the response and the fix for the problem and that's the end of it.  The solution was going to be another way we were "graded" on our support but it's apparently been dropped too.  You can't really "grade" volunteers or the volunteers will be gone.

1.3K Posts

May 10th, 2009 09:00

"Verified Answer" now, can't find it !

Dell shut down the board one evening last week for system maintenance. They may have removed this feature.  

170 Posts

May 10th, 2009 09:00

Thanks for the info.

I have noticed this question on other threads but couldn't find any kind of answer. Now I know there is no answer.

Guess it could be used for some data gathering stats if Dell wanted.

Been reading about the previous site and the unwelcome changes. Thought it was just me not knowing how to navigate the site. Guess it's difficult for everyone. Hope Dell re-introduces the basic tools to enable all users to find anything. I have spent a lot of time looking through useless threads trying to find specific info, but what I have found has been very useful. Sometimes I find the exact fix or suggestion after I took parts from different threads or did it a more difficult way, flustrating. 

Again, I have found lots of execellent help on this site. I hope it doesn't die out.

Searched for the way to mark a post as"accepted solution" or it looks like its called "Verified Answer" now, can't find it !

Do you know how to do it?

It's hard to find the forum rules and help with basic options like selecting an accepted answer.

Thanks,

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 10th, 2009 12:00

"Verified Answer" now, can't find it !

Verified Answer is NOT a feature in the New to the Community Forum.

Rick

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 10th, 2009 14:00

Dave576

See if this POST by ky331 can help to explain the 'points' system.     :emotion-43:

Bev.

170 Posts

May 10th, 2009 18:00

Rick,

Is Verified Answer available on other forums?

Used Verified Answer on one of my first posts, can't seem to find it now. Hope they didn't remove it. Nice to know what worked/helped for some people.

Bev,

This did help. I agree with the general sentiment, that the reason I come here is to find information and to help others when/if I can. 

It just seemed a bit arbitrary and I feel more comfortable when I understand how things work, thus my interest in this forum. 

Thanks to all for replying,

Dave

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 10th, 2009 21:00

Dave,

Yes, Verified Answers are in the other DELL Community Forums

Rick

170 Posts

May 11th, 2009 03:00

Rick,