Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2012 07:00

XPS 13 ULTRABOOK Does any one have a firm sale date?

:emotion-42:

21 Posts

February 28th, 2012 04:00

WOW.  I just got a "your order has shipped" email - I ordered it yesterday, the new arrival date is TOMORROW.  How's that for SPEEDY!    Amazing.

18 Posts

February 28th, 2012 04:00

Only the unwanted hotspot shipped so far. They are really pushing that item.

21 Posts

February 28th, 2012 05:00

Hang in there Blu - my original estimate was 3/1 also, but then it changed suddenly to 2/29.  But even though I got a ship notice on it when I went to look at tracking it doesn't appear to have actually LEFT anywhere yet, so there's still hope for you!    I have NO idea where Dell is even located, it's possible I'm just close to their warehouse?  

4 Posts

I caved and ordered the base model and mine hasn't shipped yet (but my hotspot has! :emotion-42: ).  My estimated delivery date for the XPS is 3/1. As long as it gets here this week....

26 Posts

These are coming out of Nashville, Tn or at least mine is which is one of their major hubs.

Mine is scheduled to be here in Austin, tomorrow.

18 Posts

I ordered the 256gb/i7. You would think they would have these in stock since its pretty much a one piece unit.

21 Posts

Mine is the hotspot and the XPS, both shipped together, but I ordered only the most basic XPS, not a lot of build/customizing for them to do.   Probably explains why mine is coming so quickly.

26 Posts

February 28th, 2012 06:00

I don't know I am looking on Amazon today to see what I can find.

Also, although the forum for the XPS 13 does  not have much activity, it probably will be a good place to discuss this at My Dell mini site. Used to go there a bunch when I had a netbook. Good discussions. However as mentioned not much action in the XPS 13 forum just yet, but should ramp up.

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/

4 Posts

February 28th, 2012 06:00

They should either ship from TN or china (don't know if they are doing the Apple thing with their laptops yet or not, shipping straight from assembly).  I ordered my 2-day (so I can pick it up at the FedEx office, since I'm never home when they come to my house) so if it goes out today, I'll get it 3/1.  As long as I get it this week, because I need it for an engagement next week.  I really don't want to lug my XPS 17 around for 3 days of meetings :emotion-2: 

Speaking of, anyone found a cool bag for these yet?

21 Posts

February 28th, 2012 07:00

Just what I needed, thanks!

26 Posts

No problem, as mentioned I am posting what I find like these and cases over at the XPS 13 sub forum at My Dell Mini as well. 

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/dell-xps-13/

26 Posts

Mini Display port to VGA or DVI if you need you can find them on Amazon for good price 

here is a VGA one I ordered. They have DVI versions as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ODG5GO/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

21 Posts

I have a question, forgive my ignorance on this issue.... I have a widescreen Dell monitor on my current desktop system, if I want to be able to occasionally attach my new XPS13 to that monitor, what kind of cable will I need to track down to do it?  

21 Posts

February 28th, 2012 12:00

Weirdness, I just looked more closely at my ship confirmation, both have shipped (XPS and the ridiculous T Mobile thingee) and both have scheduled arrival of tomorrow, but they shipped on different carriers!   XPS by Fed Ex, Tmobile piece by UPS.  weird.   Guess they're shipping from different locations/warehouses?

26 Posts

February 28th, 2012 14:00

Mine both shipped Fedex and actually my T-Mobile device is already here. However the T-Mobile for me shipped from Addison (Dallas) Texas and XPS from Nashville.

No Events found!