Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

R

3 Posts

December 31st, 2008 10:00

how to cancel my order?

I need to cancel my order and there is no information on the Dell Customer Service webpage, , I tried calling the customers service and i either getting a message that they are closed or my call is transferred & hung-up.  the order date is12/30/2008. So how can I cancel that order?? ASAP

Thanks.

9 Posts

November 29th, 2009 16:00

Well on the Dell site it says you cannot cancel if the order is either of the following two statuses "in production" or "shipped".

We'll see what happens on Monday when I call.It doe explicitly say not to refuse or they will not refund or reship the merchandise to you.

This is annoying that it seems this is not a hard and fast rule.

So I purchased a phone from Dell small business site on Friday night.  I didn't get a conformation email so I reordered another one a few hours later.  I tried to call Dell Small Business customer service on Saturday since it got the conformation emails on that day but they were closed.  Now I have two phones shipped and only want one.  They were both "shipped" on Sunday.  The regular Dell customer service won't cancel my order because it was order through small business.

I'm going to call them on Monday and tell them that I will refuse one of them and hopefully they won't charge me a restocking fee :emotion-6:.  Dell really needs an easier way to cancel items, like for example Newegg.

9 Posts

I'm just curious has anyone experienced not getting an order confirmation from the time they have submitted an order from other on-line shopping websites? Walmart etc?

9 Posts

November 30th, 2009 10:00

Just an update on my situation. I am getting the run around on the phones. I've called 1-800-456-3355 and was told that I have to wait until my product has been delivered.

So I call the 1-800-624-9897 number talk to an operator to get the details of my issue and then get transfer. When a CSR picks up they ask if I have received the merchandise. I told them no and I get immediately transferred again.

All I want to do is find out whether or not I will be charged shipping or a restocking fee?

Is it really that diffifult to find out?

9 Posts

November 30th, 2009 10:00

Just an update on my situation. I am getting the run around on the phones. I've called 1-800-456-3355 and was told that I have to wait until my product has been delivered.

So I call the 1-800-624-9897 number talk to an operator to get the details of my issue and then get transfer. When a CSR picks up they ask if I have received the merchandise. I told them no and I get immediately transferred again.

All I want to do is find out whether or not I will be charged shipping or a restocking fee?

Is it really that diffifult to find out?

As I suspected I got transfered to customer care for Dell Home and was promptly told their system is down for maintenance for 1-2 hours.

Wonderful.

1 Message

November 30th, 2009 21:00

I met MDell while living at UT many years ago. Nice Kid. It seems that the business that carries his name isn't so important to him these days....

I just made a mistake. I purchased an expensive camera only to find that my wife had one "in hand" as a Christmas gift to me. I thought- no problem, the one I ordered from MDell hasn't shipped, I'll just cancel it.

I was wrong. I spent several minutes looking over my online order trying to find the cancel button. Google helped me determine that it wasn't going to be that easy.

I just got off the phone after spending an hour on hold for "Customer Service". Nothing was resolved, except I wasted an hour of my life. It would be one thing to be told "Too bad for you". Unfortunately, all I got was "Please hold for 30 minutes to talk to someone else that can't help you"

I'll try again tomorrow, but don't have much confidence.

Poor customer service just doesn't seem like a good business model, but for MDell, it seems to be working--- I hear he has a *really* nice house now-much better than the shack he lived in on campus in the mid eighties.

9 Posts

December 2nd, 2009 08:00

Just another update...

Since I had to wait to until I got both shipments before issuing a return, now I am on the phone getting ping pong transferred.

Anyone have suggestions as to what number I should call? I've tried 1-800-624-9897.

Thanks,

4.6K Posts

December 2nd, 2009 10:00

Actually 24 hours for large businesses is a rather short amount of time.

I've been shopping online for many years now, and you're the first person to suggest 24hrs [or more] to receive an order confirmation email for online purchases, is "a rather short amount of time" :emotion-3:

I've received many email confirmations nigh on immediately after placing the order, and the vast majority are received within a couple of hours.

I can assure you... I've bought most everything online in my time - from a simple cable, to complete computer systems (when I first started out with PC's) and AV equipment... from both small and large businesses/manufacturers - including some of the biggest manufacturers in the world (HP, Toshiba, Pioneer, Panasonic, etc etc).

Not a single email confirmation for any online purchase, has taken anything like 24hrs, never mind longer still?

Furthermore, it's always been possible to contact someone immediately too, should it be necessary to do so.

IME - Dell are unique in not providing either email confirmation within what I'd class a "reasonable" period of time, nor a means by which to cancel an order before the order goes through to processing?

9 Posts

December 2nd, 2009 10:00

Another update... After multiple calls and getting bounced around between the different customer service departments someone was finally able to connect me to the returns department.

I explained the situation and the rep was actually able to help me. Apparently there was a system issue on Friday delaying the order confirmations. Some customers had submitted 5 or more duplicate orders. The return rep was able to e-mail me a return label and noted that I would be getting a full refund without a restocking fee.

So far so good. It is a little amazing even Dell would have those types of problems. I'll post one last update when the credit is on my card.

1 Message

December 22nd, 2009 21:00

(TheRealFire) then your one lucky guy because i ordered on the 21/12/09 and 22 nothing,  know its the 23 and i'm waiting.

they already pulled money out of my bank and still no confirmation, they said they send confirmation once

they've received payment out of my bank but the IR works and i got the delivery estimation date, does that mean it will be definitely delivered??? plz rely ASAP thX HAPPY CHRIStMAS

1 Message

December 29th, 2009 19:00

I just order a 52 inches Sharp LCD 120 Hz Television 20 minutes before asking to cancel the order, they told me it was cacelled. but it was still shipped when I check the order process. No way to cancel a order once you order.

This Christmas has been totally destroyed by this order.

1 Message

January 28th, 2010 02:00

Cancelling an order is simple - you speak to Customer Care and cancel it.  Remember to ask for the cancellation number.

The difficult part is getting to speak to a human being at Customer Care as when I tried to contact them all I had was automated messages repeating what was on my order page on the website.  In the end I went on to the live chat and, after a bit of argy bargy, *they* phoned me!

4.6K Posts

January 28th, 2010 10:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

We haven't heard any more from them, so we have to assume they finally managed to cancel the order, some time during the 4 weeks it's been since they last posted :emotion-55:

2 Posts

June 18th, 2010 20:00

NOTICE

Thinking that your JUST going to CANCEL your order? I'm very sorry..

Dell...  Why is it so hard to cancel an order?? I am not only a very big fan of Dell, but a great customer and a loyal Dell Financial Credit Cardholder as well as a Stock holder. I have used Dell a number of times, and love the online service, driver updates and custom ordering, and when I need a part I can usually find it thru Dell.com

However... I decided to get something non-dell; a Vizio flat screen tv (as a fathers day gift).. and when I goofed up the size, and tired to cancel my order I couldnt find any such button online!

Thats when I came to the dell community forums. Right here, on this page some users make it seem easy and non-toublesome... well...  I got hell from the "employees" who almost couldnt speak a lick of the english launguage by calling the 800 numbers listed in above posts.

The first guy I talked to told me I couldnt cancel my order. I said (as nice as possible) "Just MINUTES after I placed it online?", he says to me (in an automated robot tone) "I'm sorry sir, you cannot make change to your order.. I am very sorry"  Are you serious? This is so rude and annoying to me, as a customer. It's funny how quick they are to accept new orders, and to have the status ~flow~ so quickly down the positions into almost a status where you can not change/add/or cancel it. I told the guy that I needed to cancel it right away to order the larger and correct model. He continued to refuse my cancellation, and wanted to just "transfer me to someone else" for what seem'ed to be a start to a ring-around-the-office game.

Before saying yes, I asked for his employee ID# (which he refused and I said ok).. I asked to speak to his manager.

He asks me to be put on hold, put's me on hold for a few minutes, comes back and says that he "talked" to his manager and now was able to cancel the order! I couldnt believe the extent I had to go though, just to do this. Not only did it waste hours, out of MY day trying to settle this.. but I spent a good deal of time on the phone with an employee who was wasting the company's time as well. I feel like crap now, because of this situation and the angry mood I am in from earlier. Thanks.

Anyways, the guy did end up canceling it. When I looked at my online account, it showed "canceled", I was so relieved.. BUT it couldnt just be THAT EASY right?!!!!!!

Hours later, I was notified by a mystery email that my order was *poof* somehow/someway recreated once again - employee name I wont say was on the email - and put my "Cancelled Order" status back into a "Changed" status. I flipped out  and had to re-call or else I would never see the returned credit be put back on my card in time to order another tv as a present.

This time a lady (also barely speaking any english) told me that it was indeed re-opened and changed, and that she would close it AGAIN for me. Now let's just see how  much longer and how many more games I have to play. Unbelieveable Dell, you really are blowing it... is this why our company stocks are lower then ever? Is it poor customer service? Get with the program!!

Service Means Excellence,

Andrew Gaudet

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

June 21st, 2010 09:00

Hi Andrew,

Sorry you had a problem canceling your order, if you need additional assistance, please contact me by Private Message.  Click on my name in blue, and on the next screen click the evelope icon that says "send message".  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!