Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 31st, 2009 12:00

no manual for laptop

hi  i my son was given a laoptop    a inspiron 1100  but i have no manual  which i need because i am having difficulty connecting it to the web i downloaded a copy but it is encoded and i cannot contact dell as it does not recognise  the service tag . the laptop was given to my son   by a work colleague of my husband who  company replaced her laptop  so she cleared all info off it and gave it to us for him to use  he 9  but i am finding it difficult to connect the internet to i it .if i had the manual i would be fine the colleague does not have it we asked as it is a old laptop  thankyou for any help

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

You need to install three drivers:  the Dell notebook system software, the chipset driver and the driver for whatever it is you use to connect to the Internet (wired, wireless, modem).  All can be downloaded from support.dell.com and should be installed IN THAT ORDER.

The manuals for your system are here:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins5100/en/index.htm

You'll need a PDF reader for some of them.

14.4K Posts

You will most likely need to download them from HERE. You will need a PDF reader to open them like FOXIT or Adobe Acrobat Reader... I would recommend Foxit all you need is the free version.

No Events found!