Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 2nd, 2009 09:00

Don't have order number

Hi, I ordered a Dell laptop a little under a week ago but would like to cancel it. Pain on credit card, the money has gone through etc, the thing is though I never received a confirmation email nor a letter from Dell so I don't know what the order number is. Does anyone know why it's taking so long for them to mail some sort of invoice via snail or electronic mail? Also, what sort of procedure would I need to go to to cancel the order?

Thanks,

Anna.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 2nd, 2009 11:00

Here is what was posted by a Dell Moderator.  No guarantees you can get it cancelled as in many cases, once the order is placed you can't cancel it.  What you have to do is wait until it's delivered and then call Dell and request a return authorization. 

"If you have an order number that needs to be cancelled, please call your sales representative or customer care at 1-800-624-9897"

Customer Care should be able to track down the order number for you.  Have you checked the credit card debit for that transaction?  Many times there is some type of transaction number and that may help in tracking down the order/order number.

We are not Dell employees on here, just users helping users.

2 Posts

May 2nd, 2009 19:00

Just checked the CC online statement, no bingo unfortunately.

No Events found!